Thread: how many blocks in a test

lost in space. Hey who took my bread crumbs. Now I cant find my way home.

how many blocks in a test

I have one test running 779 blocks completed with 129 to go. How many of these can I expect to see.
    grandmother. ver 3.0

That's too much! Currently, a test should be around 140/150 blocks large.
    Maybe you have left the client running for several days and it says "blks done: 779" - that's because it counts the blocks done since you started it, no since it started to test the current k/n.

The numbers I have seen are slightly larger than 150. The current test I am running started out at about 185 blocks.

As far as I can figure out, it goes like this: take your current "n", divide by one million, cube, multiply by four: this is the number of blocks the test will have.

Let's say for example that you are working on n=3621578, then the whole test will be 4x(3.621578^3) = 190 blocks.

Re: how many blocks in a test

Dang DG! I wonder how many McEM's you got out of that one? Hey . . .are you gonna join the SOB gauntlet?

Jammy

Originally posted by dragongoddess
    I have one test running 779 blocks completed with 129 to go. How many of these can I expect to see.
    A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices.
    --William James

Seventeen or Bust: Team Prime Rib