Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beta 9 (RC2)

Beta 9 (RC2)

Ok folks, I've released Yet Another Beta (YAB). As mentioned earlier, we wanted to test one more idea still. You will notice the energy minimizations between generations have been eliminated (for now). Also a benchmark option has been added. IMPORTANT - on Windows if you wish to use the benchmark, run '.\foldtrajlite.exe -bench' from a command prompt. The '.\' MUST be present or you WILL in all likelihood get an error message. This is unfortunately cannot be prevented at the moment.

Also, please try again overwriting the previous beta with this one if you can, and let me know if it uploads your left-over beta 8 files properly, and cleans up after itself properly. I *think* I've got this working for most cases now but it could still be a bit quirky, and I'd rather fix it sooner than later.

Beta files are in the usual places (check previous threads). Thanks to all the beta testers, old and new!
    Howard Feldman

rc2

Overwritten the previous beta, all seems okay. Right now working on the first group of 9999 structures. Looks good, but I'll check again in the morning. Right now, I need a couple of hours sleep. Early shift tomorrow...:sleepy:

Hi, i've tried to get the benchmark running but it gives me this error:

Code:
    D:\Downloads\projects\distribfold-beta>.\foldtrajlite.exe -bench
    One moment, opening rotamer library...
    Predicting secondary structure and generating trajectory distribution...
    [NULL_Caption] FATAL ERROR:  [010.000]  Unable to continue
    Hit Return

Unpacked over Beta 8, and started things up. Seems to work fine. Thought I'd give the .\foldtrajlite.exe -bench' option a try. It just results in the following message:

C:\Documents and Settings\bob\Desktop\folding client BETA>.\foldtrajlite.exe -bench
    [NULL_Caption] FATAL ERROR: [010.000] Unable to continue
    Hit Return
    Umm. Maybe it needs options the batch file provides?

C:\Documents and Settings\bob\Desktop\folding client BETA>.\foldtrajlite -f protein -n native -bench
    [NULL_Caption] FATAL ERROR: [000.000] Missing/Invalid arguments. For usage, run program, with no arguments.
    Hit Return

Nope, the above doesn't seem to work, either....

What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by rsbriggs; 05-09-2003 at 06:01 PM.
    FreeDC Mercenary

Boinc'ing away
    Tried the Benchmark on my Mandrake 9.1 linux box (after reading the readme ):

Code:
    $ ./foldtrajlite -bench
    [foldtrajlite] FATAL ERROR:  [010.000]  Unable to continue
    Hit Return
    so it doesn't seem to be just Window boxes that can't do the benchmark...

the error.log shows :

Code:
    ========================[ May 9, 2003 10:56 PM ]========================
    ERROR: [010.000] {trajtools.c, line 2022} Could not open/create data file ./phipsiwalk_dict
    FATAL ERROR: [010.000] {trajtools.c, line 2024} Unable to continue
    for the time when I tried to do the -bench...

Ditto on the errors under Windoze:

========================[ May 9, 2003 3:31 PM ]========================
    ERROR: [010.000] {trajtools.c, line 2022} Could not open/create data file .\phipsiwalk_dict

========================[ May 9, 2003 3:36 PM ]========================
    ERROR: [000.000] {taskapi.c, line 591} Invalid argument: -bench'
    FATAL ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 6039} Missing/Invalid arguments. For usage, run program, with no arguments.
    FreeDC Mercenary

Didn't try the benchmark. I got other software to do that. Beta 9 came up swingin' on 4 boxen...

Intel P2 / Win2K, AMD Athlon 850 / SuSE Linux, AMD XP2100+ / Win98, and AMD 2200+ / RedHat Linux.

All reportin' in & runnin' fine, sir.

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Hmmmm, overwrote Beta 8 on 2 machines. Win XP Pro worked fine...the Dual MP Win2000 was not happy. Just got a message saying the program generated an error and was terminating, error log being generated or such ? Nothing in the error log. Then the 2nd client did exaxtly the same, nothing in the error log.

Deleted and started from scratch. Only running 1 Client seems OK, now starting 2nd . 2nd Client seems to have died pretty quick. This looks bad for Duallies ..

"foldtrajlite.ex.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.

An error log is being created."

So this seems to be a windows error, so where is the log file ?

As soon as I clicked OK in the error window Client 1 died as well. Time for plan B

Update: Plan B, creating new directories and reinstalling Everything from Zip files seems to have fixed it. Only the Mystic Sage of Binary knows what was going on . Win XP computer is trundling along very happy..I did nothing different when overwriting files on the Dual compared to the Win XP...

I shall leave this evil malcontent of a Duallie for a few hours and see what occurs in my absentia ..
    Last edited by Grumpy; 05-09-2003 at 11:06 PM.
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

Social Parasite

Re: Beta 9 (RC2)

Originally posted by Brian the Fist
    ... let me know if it ... cleans up after itself properly.
    Did a 'Q' under b8, then did 'foldit -u t'.

Then untarred b9, and started it. Now that it has done some uploads, everything is cleaned up except for one stray _min.val.bz2 file.

I believe that stray file was left over as part of the last fileset uploaded under b8. (The beta seems to keep something or other around, even after it has already been uploaded.)

mikus (running Linux)

Re: Beta 9 (RC2)

Also, please try again overwriting the previous beta with this one if you can, and let me know if it uploads your left-over beta 8 files properly, and cleans up after itself properly.
    Ok, I did this, and this time everything worked fine.

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Well, this Beta sux. My XP machine crashed the Client now..no error messages in the Log. Then 1 Client on the Duallie died..no error message to say it crashed, nothing reported in the error log. This is crazy..am I the only one cursed ?

Oh, almost forgot..after restarting the Win XP Client it is now so slow I have taken up watching the continental plate outside my window move

Update: Still crashing on the XP Pro computer..Clients on the Duallie Win2000 dying without any messages on screen or in the error logs. Looks like I will be abandoning this Beta, it works like a vacuum cleaner :bs:

Bah, that is it..The XP Pro system is running it a bit better than the duallie..there is something about 2 Clients on one computer that does not work with this Beta..death to Beta 9

The worst thing is there are no error log entries..it just stops/dies.
    Last edited by Grumpy; 05-10-2003 at 05:48 AM.
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

For Windoze errors, check the event log.

To open Event Viewer, click Start, click Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Event Viewer. You'll see things like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FreeDC Mercenary

In the picture above, there are three buttons, up arrow, down arrow, and some documents. If you click on the document button, it copies the contents of the event to the clipboard. You can then paste them elsewhere. Like so:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Application Error
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1000
    Date: 5/9/2003
    Time: 5:29:48 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: BOBSDELLSERVER
    Description:
    Faulting application foldtrajlite.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module foldtrajlite.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000fb937.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    Data:
    0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
    0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail
    0010: 75 72 65 20 20 66 6f 6c ure fol
    0018: 64 74 72 61 6a 6c 69 74 dtrajlit
    0020: 65 2e 65 78 65 20 30 2e e.exe 0.
    0028: 30 2e 30 2e 30 20 69 6e 0.0.0 in
    0030: 20 66 6f 6c 64 74 72 61 foldtra
    0038: 6a 6c 69 74 65 2e 65 78 jlite.ex
    0040: 65 20 30 2e 30 2e 30 2e e 0.0.0.
    0048: 30 20 61 74 20 6f 66 66 0 at off
    0050: 73 65 74 20 30 30 30 66 set 000f
    0058: 62 39 33 37 0d 0a b937..
    They don't seem to be very informative messages....

===bob briggs
    FreeDC Mercenary

Ol' retired IT geezer

Duallies

"Clients on the Duallie Win2000 dying without any messages on screen or in the error logs."

One possible problem with running multiple copies on one machine is TMP files that conflict. Have you tried adding a "set TMP=c:\foldername" line to the beginning of foldit.bat to ensure that each copy has its own temp folder? That way, the TMP files cannot conflict with each other...

Ned

Ol' retired IT geezer

Uploaded Previous Beta

"Did a 'Q' under b8, then did 'foldit -u t'.

Then untarred b9, and started it. Now that it has done some uploads, everything is cleaned up except for one stray _min.val.bz2 file.

I believe that stray file was left over as part of the last fileset uploaded under b8. (The beta seems to keep something or other around, even after it has already been uploaded.)"
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My experience with Win'98 was very similar...

I did a "Q" under B8.

I unzipped B9 into the directory.

Started B9 and it uploaded matched val.bz2 and bz2 files, but did not upload unmatched .bz2 file. It then started mormal B9 run. Just like the current production system does...

Ned

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    This seems to a be a very common message in the logs, every 10 minutes or so . The message started the same day another computer had an intruder try to gain access to it. All the computers are networked ( Though the network is not really functional) through a Linksys 8 Port Router. Is it just me, or does it look like they bypassed the Routers Firewall and Nortons IS and messed around ? The file generating this is MrxSmb.sys
    If security has been breached, (A) WTF did they do, (B) How can I correct this problem...man I am gettin cheesed off. I know Nat Routers arent foolproof, but his is weird.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MRxSmb
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 8003
    Date: 3/8/2003
    Time: 11:39:31 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: BRIAN-5F4FE9B30
    Description:
    The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer BOSS that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip xxxxxxxxx The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced.
    Data:
    0000: 00 00 00 00 03 00 4e 00 ......N.
    0008: 00 00 00 00 43 1f 00 c0 ....C..À
    0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
    0018: 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
    0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

As to the tmp directory, I have run the Beta for a while, and overwritten stuff, and never had this problem with Temp folders. This is my foldit.bat, where & what should I change

@echo off
    :start
    if EXIST donename.dat goto donename
    if EXIST changename.dat goto change2
    if EXIST tmpfoldit.bat goto change

:donename
    if EXIST donename.dat del tmpfoldit.bat
    if EXIST donename.dat del donename.dat
    .\foldtrajlite -f protein -n native -qt -rt -p 10
    if EXIST doupdate.txt goto doupdate
    goto end

:change
    copy foldit.bat changename.dat > NUL
    .\tmpfoldit.bat
    goto end

:change2
    del foldit.bat
    del changename.dat
    copy tmpfoldit.bat foldit.bat > NUL
    copy foldit.bat donename.dat > NUL
    .\foldit.bat
    goto end

:doupdate
    del doupdate.txt
    ".\distribfold-update.exe" -o
    sleep 15 > NUL
    if NOT EXIST file_id.diz goto error
    rem successful unpacking, so remove files and run again
    del ".\distribfold-update.exe"
    del file_id.diz
    echo Update was successful, restarting client
    sleep 3 > NUL
    goto start

:error
    echo Foldtraj Client update was unsuccessful, please correct any problems,
    echo ensure the file distribfold-update.exe is in the current directory and try again
    pause
    goto end

:end
    Last edited by Grumpy; 05-10-2003 at 11:57 AM.

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Bah, thought I fixed it...Bong!....Wrong again

Well, any more stress and my cardiac monitor will go off. Time for bed and then call a Network Guy to come out to my place and sort out this mess once and for all...who needs money anyway, I am sure he needs it more than me

On the 1st prob, check your system files to be sure they match:

Date..............Time......Version...........Size.......File name
    ------------------------------------------------------
    09-Jul-2001 15:31 5.0.2195.3835 369,168 Mrxsmb.sys
    09-Jul-2001 15:31 5.0.2195.3835 131,792 Rdbss.sys

If they don't, sez here you need to (re)apply Service Pack 3.

Don't think you need to change your tmp file stuff, but I don't run duallies so I'm not 100% sure.

As to network security, heh, there's always somebody smarter tryin' to get in. My network is behind a Netgear with very good firewall & I still run ZoneAlarm on my most vulnerable systems, (i.e. the ones running Windoze).

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Those 2 files were modified 24/7/2002

The properties are different to the ones you list I am a novice with Win2000, and everything else. To me it looks like one of the computers on the network thinks it is in charge, when it isnt..I have no networking skills, the Linksys software was supposed to do it all..it failed..more than what I thought. But why all these problems now with Beta 9 and no other Betas ??

I tried to run the benchmark on a Mandrake linux 9.1 box and it failed. now I am getting a 910 error durring the upload.

Error log:
    ========================[ May 9, 2003 5:05 PM ]========================
    ERROR: [010.000] {trajtools.c, line 2022} Could not open/create data file ./phipsiwalk_dict

========================[ May 9, 2003 5:05 PM ]========================
    ERROR: [010.003] {taskapi.c, line 1721} Failed to open file --------------------------AaB03x2665324978

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="fileup1"; filename=""

Content-Type: application/octet-stream

ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4098} Error during upload: NO RESPONSE FROM SERVER - WILL TRY AGAIN LATER
    ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4021} Warning during upload: STATUS 910 MISSING PREVIOUS OR ILLEGAL GENERATION

ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4021} Warning during upload: STATUS 910 MISSING PREVIOUS OR ILLEGAL
    GENERATION

Here are all the files from the df directory:

<handle>_0_<handle>_protein_238_0000025_min.val.bz2
    <handle>_1_<handle>_protein_55_0000014_min.val.bz2
    <handle>_1_<handle>_protein_82_0000027_min.val.bz2
    <handle>_1_<handle>_protein_83_0000003.val
    <handle>_1_protein_0006291.val
    <handle>_protein_83.trj
    autoupdate.cfg
    blpotential.txt
    bstdt.val
    cbdata
    CompatibilityNotes.txt
    copyright
    distrib-update*
    error.log
    filelist.txt
    fold_1_<handle>_1_<handle>_protein_83.log.bz2
    fold_1_<handle>_6290_protein.log.bz2
    foldit*
    foldtrajlite*
    foldtrajlite.lock
    handle.txt
    'L @'L @
    native.val
    param19_eef1.inp
    progress.txt
    protein.trj
    readme1st.txt
    readme.txt
    rotlib.bin.bz2
    skel.prt
    solvpar.inp
    sspred.val
    toph19_eef1.inp
    whatsnew.txt
    zhangatm.txt
    zhangeij.txt

what is 'L@'L@ ? It contains the letters hjf .

Grumpy: Check yer PM.

So I decided to finally try the ScreenSaver version. I installed the non-beta (with the .exe installer) first, then I overwrote the files with those from the new beta.

The instructions say you have to be administrator to install so I logged in as the administrator account in XP and installed the screen saver. Now, only that account has the DF screensaver as an option to select. My other non-admin accounts can't see the DF screen saver and therefore can't use it.

Do I have to get admin access to all my users temporarily and isntall the same screen saver on each person's machine so that they all have access to it? Otherwise if anyone logs in besides the administrator, the DF screensaver won't becom active, it will be whatever that user has selected.

Suggestions?

Jeff.

Ol' retired IT geezer

TMP Files directory

Grumpy said: "As to the tmp directory, I have run the Beta for a while, and overwritten stuff, and never had this problem with Temp folders. This is my foldit.bat, where & what should I change ?"
    ----------------------------
    In the distribfold directory where you run DF, create a directory called "tmp". Then add the following line as the first line in foldit.bat:
    set TMP=pathnameToFold\distribfold\tmp

Quit, then restart your DF folding (either production or beta). The temporary files will be put in the new tmp directory. If you have hard crashes or incomplete shutdowns, the files in the tmp directory will remain. One of the reasons I did this was to isolate DF's TMP files from all the other crap in window's TEMP area. Once you see the format of the filenames that DF creates, you can go back to your windows TEMP area and delete the accumulated files from previous DF crashes...

Ned

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Thanks all, I will give it all a try ...I have had the Duallie running all night with no probelms, all I did extra was 2 cold reboots....will do the TMP folder thing anyways. Looks like the Linksys Install software messed things up and for some reason it is inly now going bad ?? As for the beta dying on me, well, as there are no error logs to help Howard out, we can only hope it was a freak of nature. I hope everyone else running duals on Win2000 is ok with this Beta

Hmmm, actually got something in the error log for a change, put in here in case it means anything

========================[ May 11, 2003 2:29 AM ]========================
    ERROR: [001.009] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4975} Error occured while aligning structures
    ERROR: [001.023] {rotate.c, line 641} Invalid PMMD given to GetRMSD
    ERROR: [001.010] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4979} Abnormally small RMSD: 0.000000 (96 1 1)

========================[ May 11, 2003 4:22 AM ]========================

HOWARD: If you want to see a poster child for why runs should be limited, check out the graphs on my best effort with Beta 9. Especially, RMSD to native over Time. I have let this one wander in the wilderness just for grins, but since gen 42, it's been really lost! The cause would have been better served, I believe, by pulling the plug somewhere back around gen n (pick a number, 62? 82? 102?) and restarting on a new track.

There should be some fairly simple formula for making this decision. Several have been put forward here since we started beta testing. Everything I know about protein folding, I've learned in this forum, so I'm not going to presume too much, myself.

It's up to you, of course, but I think people will be making this decision on their own, if you don't do it for them.

PS. All the Windoze boxen that I've had this running on, were started and monitored by dfGUI without a hint of trouble. I DO presume to know something about programming, and I suspect that some of the earlier problem reports were from folks who didn't have a good grip on the role dfGUI plays and its working relationship to the client. It's really a GREAT program!

Hi Howard,

Remember in beta8 when I had the problem that if I left the default -g setting after completing the first generation it would never update the structures remaining or best energy fields in the progress.txt file?

Well I am getting the same thing now but the structs remaining and building structs are now getting updated but for some reason the Best Energy so far never gets updated and stays at the 100000 value.

If I stop the client (which is running as a service) and start it again it seems to fix the problem. If I have the client set to update after every structure it seems to work fine.

This has happened twice now since my computer crashed on me and my filelist.txt file got corrupt so I had to start over again. It only seems to happen when starting from gen 0 and going into 1+ generations.

Jeff.

I've already pulled the plug on one run that hit a low of about 9.7 in generation 40, and proceeded to increase the minimum every generation past that, up to about 14.5 as a low somewhere around generation 100 where I pulled the plug.

The program had indeed "lost it's mind" somewhere along the way. My average generation time was a couple of minutes early on, by the time I pulled the plug dfGui was reporting that it was doing 15 structures per hour, or taking nearly 3 hours per generation, and it went 50+ generations with the minimum INCREASING each time. :sleepy:

I figured something was wrong, so stopped it, deleted filelist, and restarted fresh. Haven't run dfGUI against this run, figured I'd let it go all the way, even if it does get lost.

Put Beta 8 back - I had the low RMSD in that run, and we know it can at least go sub-5.0 ....

Edit: Beta 8, not 7
    Last edited by rsbriggs; 05-11-2003 at 06:05 PM.
    FreeDC Mercenary

Re: Benchmark

Apparently I forgot you will need some extra files to run the benchmark. It is too big to attach to this message. I'll make sure they are included in future releases when the code becomes official. If you can't wait, the files you need are 'phipsiwalk_dict.*' and are inside the Foldtraj package, which can be downloaded from here: http://bioinfo.mshri.on.ca/trades/

Digital Parasite: Ill look at the energy thing you mention

Grumpy: sounds like your having bad luck but I cannot help without a useful error message. Is there any consistency to WHEN it crashes, ie what it is doing at the time of crash, etc?
    Howard Feldman

Re: Benchmark

Apparently I forgot you will need some extra files to run the benchmark. It is too big to attach to this message. I'll make sure they are included in future releases when the code becomes official. If you can't wait, the files you need are 'phipsiwalk_dict.*' and are inside the Foldtraj package, which can be downloaded from here: http://bioinfo.mshri.on.ca/trades/

Digital Parasite: Ill look at the energy thing you mention

Grumpy: sounds like your having bad luck but I cannot help without a useful error message. Is there any consistency to WHEN it crashes, ie what it is doing at the time of crash, etc?
    The benchmark mode still doesn't work, even with these files. Do we need another file?

Code:
    [NULL_Caption] FATAL ERROR:  [001.002]  Error occurred during GOR prediction
    Hit Return

Benchmark is working just fine...
    dekora.praha.cz/honza/benchmark.gif

I've added phipsiwalk_dict.* from Foldtraj package that Brian mentioned. You also need to add 2 moe files - database.*
    It's my first post to the forum....hope it works.

Honza

P.S. Probably not what we were expecting from benmark...

Originally posted by arjanscholl
    The benchmark mode still doesn't work, even with these files. Do we need another file?

Code:
    [NULL_Caption] FATAL ERROR:  [001.002]  Error occurred during GOR prediction
    Hit Return

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Well, things are pretty much running smooth, only 1 more crash so far..a couple of cold boots and a new Tmp folder seem to have helped. The question is why Beta 9 is so touchy, and so slow. Bloody wish I would get a decent error message..how do you debug a program when the error reporting part is the broken bit

Grumpy:

Yesterday it worked.
    Today it is not working.
    Windows is like that.

For more, go here .

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Well, one Client on the Duallie is back to its old tricks..just stops working and ends by itself..no error messages or anything. I suggest you go back to the Beta 8 code as it worked fine, as did the others. Beta 9 is so bad I do not want to mention it ever again..it is slow, it is prone to crashing, prone to dying without error messages, tends to go nuts and start increasing RMSD at around 40th generation. ALL ALL THIS WITHOUT A SNIFFLE SHOWING UP IN THE ERROR LOG :bs:

Howard, I had foldtrajlite.exe crash again on me so I don't think it is my computer any more since I removed that MS patch and everything has been cool since then.

It is running as a service:
    service=1
    useram=1
    progress=1

Nothing in error.log, my progress.txt is:
    Building structure 40 generation 68
    10 until next generation
    1 generations buffered
    Best Energy so far: 8.430

Deleting the .lock file and re-starting the service got it up and running again.

Here's the first one of these I've seen: 20 generations & no RMSD progress since Gen 0.

AMD / Win2K / Service / No error.log entries

.\fold_0_xxxxxxxx_0_xxxxxxxx_protein_20.log.bz2
    .\xxxxxxxx_0_xxxxxxxx_protein_20_0000013.val
    .\fold_0_xxxxxxxx_0_xxxxxxxx_protein_21.log.bz2
    .\xxxxxxxx_0_xxxxxxxx_protein_21_0000006.val
    CurrentStruc 0 12 127 21 1 6 9.897 315.068 1192.554 164.601 7041221.000 0.850 1.500 250.000

--HHHH-------------HHHH--HHHH-----HHHHHH----------------HHHHH------------------HHHH---------

----
    fb281ed38f9dc25c14628d27bea55633

Files preserved in case Howard wants a look-see.
    Client put out of its/my misery!

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Ha, if only deleting the lock file worked for me. Restarted, 10 secs later get the ol " an error has occured" message. No error log entry...only way to fix it was to delete everything and restart. I have checked the PC, checked my net logs. Nothing has changed AT ALL since Beta 8, everything else is running fine including the normal client. Ha, even tried running it with DFGUI, that way I do not even notice it has died for 1/2 and hour

The only extra files to arrive on my system in the last 11 days are Beta 9 files..memory is rock solid, tested fine, as expensive ECC should. So, we have one of those Magical Mystical Windows Moments here. A butterfly in Brazil has flapped its wings and now Beta 9 hates my Duallie...Beta testing is fine as long as your errors show up in the logs..Me looks at beer in fridge, looks at PC...hmmm to try and sort this out or to drink beer...Que the thinking music....

So I've been running the beta screensaver instead of the text client, and I got up this morning to find that Beta 9 had crashed at the end of it's first generation cycle. I tried restarting, only to get the error message:
    FATAL ERROR: [002.003] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4671} Unable to read trajectory distribution, please create a new one

Checking the error log, I have this:
    ERROR: [001.001] {trajtools.c, line 3480} Unable to open trajectory distribution file C:\PROGRA~1\DISTRI~1\xxxxxxxxx_protein_1.trj
    FATAL ERROR: [002.003] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4671} Unable to read trajectory distribution, please create a new one

I'm guessing this is most likely do to the fact that xxxxxxxxx_protein_1.trj no longer exists - though there is now a xxxxxxxxx_protein_2.trj file in the directory. But why isn't foldtraj looking for this file... can I rename it to 1 and everything will work hunky-dory? Seeing as how the program won't work until a valid trajectory distribution file exists, I may as well give it a shot.... and then find some other way to procrastinating from studying for my finals

oh PS, if it helps, here's the filelist.txt :
    C:\PROGRA~1\DISTRI~1\fold_1_xxxxxxxxx_636_protein.log.bz2
    C:\PROGRA~1\DISTRI~1\xxxxxxxxx_1_protein_0003571.val
    C:\PROGRA~1\DISTRI~1\fold_1_xxxxxxxxx_9_xxxxxxxxx_protein_1.log.bz2
    C:\PROGRA~1\DISTRI~1\xxxxxxxxx_1_xxxxxxxxx_protein_1_0000010.val
    CurrentStruc 1 51 127 1 1 10 16.363 -208.965 623.755 286.538 5357931.000 0.850 1.500 250.000 -----------------HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH--------------------HHHH------------------------HHHH------
    1d5c3388a922c4d68056678a4289cbeb

I'll save all these files in case they're of use, please let me know, thanks
    Last edited by Eriol; 05-13-2003 at 11:12 AM.

follow up:

renaming the file to caused the screensaver to automatically generate a new protein_2 dist.... just wondering why it crashed in the first place/what got corrupted, it's never happened before.

Eriol: the msg "Unable to open trajectory distribution file" almost always means it found an old filelist.txt hanging around and was attempting to restart the previous session. To start clean, always be sure that filelist.txt is gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast