Thread: Server problems?

Boinc'ing away

Server problems?

Over the past few days (and getting worse today) I have encountered the following server problems:

1) Stats keep alternating between how they are now and roughly a week ago (totals, individuals and best rms keep changing)

2) uploads fail - either unreachable or 'New Protein changeover' messages

3) 3rd party stats (like Dryyrath's) fail to pick up the team exists (ID 1826)

4) On the Team list it shows my team (Sneakers) as having 23 members, but there are only 22 listed...

Anyone else noticing problems or is just me? (These have and are occuring on 2 different net connections - 1 is cable and 1 is leased line)...

Cron appears to have mysteriously died on one of the web servers, thanks for pointing this out. I started it up again. Not sure what happened but I will investigate...
    Howard Feldman

For reference, cron died on the one server on Monday, April 28. After a few days, I finally got annoyed enough to patch my code against it. Since it didn't seem to be messing up Dyy's stats (no one was complaining that it was anyway), I could hardly complain that mine were not handling it.
    Get Addicted

It turned out the problem was related to the IP change we had, there was one configuration file where I had to change to the new IP still. Thanks for catching it and let me know about any other anomolies!
    Howard Feldman