Thread: 100,000,000 Structures

Talking 100,000,000 Structures

Wahoo! At my current pace I will pass the 100,000,000 (one hundred million) structures mark sometime tonight or tomorrow. I'd like to thank the following people for helping me reach this achievement:

The designers of the current DF engine.
    I'm also active on Folding@Home, but I can't devote my full 77GHz of Pentium 3 and 43GHz of Pentium 4 computing power to their project because it requires constant interaction with the Internet. My folding boxes are set-up on a private test network that is prohibited from touching the Internet.

M0ti
    His dfQ project gathers the work done by all of my DF client boxes so that it can be uploaded efficiently and automatically. It was taking me about an hour per day to do the same job manually with the clumsy batch files I wrote to gather DF work and I was also losing work to a timing bug that I never quite got fixed. M0ti's dfQ stuff just plain works for me.
    -djp
    I'm not a Stats Ho either. I just want to go and check to see that all my spare boxen are busy. Hang on a minute....

Hey, try to cheer up a bit

Ol' retired IT geezer

Thumbs up Congrats on 100,000,000

Congrats on your 100,000,000. You must be part of a group sailing past mine... With all that horsepower, when the next phase starts with the new code, you'll be in the top ten (or two) for sure...

Ned

Use the right tool for the right job!

Perhaps

I might do well on the next phase, or I might not do so very well. It all depends on how busy the folding machines are at their primary workload. If I've got to run a whole bunch of "real work" through them next week, I won't be turning-in many structures.
    -djp
    I'm not a Stats Ho either. I just want to go and check to see that all my spare boxen are busy. Hang on a minute....