Thread: Statistics?

Hater of webboards

Question Statistics?

I don't understand the daily rates of my user stats.

Today I see the following numbers (on http://seventeenorbust.com/stats/use...?userID=2437):

Work rate 14.81 M jEMs/sec
    Work done 1.92 T jEMs (0.2%)

But when I divide 1.92T jEMs by 86400 seconds, I get 22222222.2222 which is quite far from the 14.81M.
    I gets even worse when I look to the rankings, under "Neighbors: Last Day's Rate", I'm 107th with 3.63M which is very far from either of the numbers above.

My overall rate matches quite nicely though 873.74T jEMs/(3240.6 days*86400 seconds/day) is 3.12M jEMs/s

Is this an result of having two machines (I was transitioning from one to the other), with one of them just being turned of in the middle of a test, for a few weeks at the end of september? The new computer which isn't much faster than the old. has completed several pairs (it's a dual core, so it works on two in parallel) of tests since, so I would assume that deductions from the lost work would be completely done by now, if that's not the case, when can I expect these numbers to start making sense again.

I don't understand the red/blue arrows in the ranking tables either, today I have a red arrow in all three tables, but yesterday I had the same place (256th) in "Total Production", and was 116th (which is lower than the current 107th) in "Last Day's Rate". (I don't remember what position I had in "Overall rate"). But they are easy to ignore.

.Henrik

Ever since the switch to Prime95/mprime, the rates on the SoB page are not very accurate for shorter time periods like 1 day. For the last days rate, I think it includes the time since the last check-in, where your work done is basically 0. I always look at the 7-day rate graph and not the number below to get an accurate number. It looks like you are around 17M jEMs according to the graph, which comes to 1.47T jEM's/day, which matches up with your the Free-DC stats perfectly. (http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...=sob&name=2437). The Free-DC stats seem to be much more accurate, I think just due to the different way the numbers are calculated.

And I don't understand the arrows either. They often don't seem to make sense and they never have. :P If you are interested in movement in the rankings, the Free-DC stats seem to do a better job once again.

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Yes Free-DC stats Rock
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..