Thread: SB is linked directly from Ars

SB is linked directly from Ars

Looks like TPR is getting serious about SB because they just posted our project to Arstechnica's homepage!

http://www.arstechnica.com/

check it out and go comment on their discussion board if you have time and want to help people who are newbies to the project.

if you haven't noticed, this has generated something like 100 new users already.

-Louie

Sieve it, baby!
    136 new users right now - but we really need them, as GIMPS seems to have the next Mersenne prime...:shocked:

lost in space. Hey who took my bread crumbs. Now I cant find my way home.
    Come on over and join our little gauntlet that starts on 9 june and runs to 9 july. Help us bring this project to an end by finding the remaining primes.

You can join the Crunching Grannies ( my team) or any subteam you wish or create one of your own. Take the challenge.
    grandmother. ver 3.0

Yes . . .do come on over and join in our gauntlet! It begins June 9th and will last until July 9th.

Are you cruncher enough to take the Grannie Challenge? BTW >>> hi everybody.

Jammy

Unofficial Crunching Grannies Icon

Originally posted by dragongoddess
    Come on over and join our little gauntlet that starts on 9 june and runs to 9 july. Help us bring this project to an end by finding the remaining primes.

You can join the Crunching Grannies ( my team) or any subteam you wish or create one of your own. Take the challenge.
    A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices.
    --William James

Seventeen or Bust: Team Prime Rib

Originally posted by Mystwalker
    136 new users right now - but we really need them, as GIMPS seems to have the next Mersenne prime...:shocked:
    news on this prime: it looks like the verification will finish around June 21st! If they're testing on a fast PIV, that means the number they are testing will be huge!
    EatMaDust

Stop Microsoft turning into Big Brother!
    http://www.againsttcpa.com

I think they are testing on some kind of Athlon. They also cannot use Prime 95 because they need to use a different program. Based on the numbers they are currently testing the exponent is probably between 18M and 19.5M

Sieve it, baby!
    I wonder why the current work rate is dropping. Did we cross another FFT limit - or are the ARS members stockpiling?

I think it is because there are quite a few users who do not have "Transmit intermediate blocks" turned on, therefore their work don't really get counted in on the "current work rate" but I could be wrong, it just doesn't look like we are loosing work on the half year graph even though the daily has been drobbing from 155 to around 130 every day for the week or so.

Originally posted by eatmadustch If they're testing on a fast PIV,
    Official verification is always done using different hardware and software. In this case a 1 GHz MIPS machine using Ernst Mayer's Mlucas program