Thread: PRPnet rally Feb. 18-25 on the new 14th Drive!

Cool PRPnet rally Feb. 18-25 on the new 14th Drive!

My apologies for the extremely short notice (<12 hours) on this rally! I've been rather busy off-forum these days and must admit I've dropped the ball a bit spreading the word on this one. Even if you see this thread after the start of the rally, though, you're still welcome to come--it's 7 days long so there's plenty of room for latecomers to catch up! -Max

Hi everyone,

After a nearly 10 month absence of rallies, we figured it's time to have another. The rally will begin Saturday, Feb. 18 at 7 PM GMT and finish 168 hours later on Sat., Feb. 25 at 7 PM GMT. That is 2 PM EST and 1 PM CST in the U.S.

This time for the first time, the rally will solely be a PRPnet rally as NPLB continues it's transition to mostly PRPnet servers. It will be focusing on our 14th drive, that is k=600-1001 for n>1M, in order for the range to play "catch up" with our 13th drive. That means PRPnet port 2000, which should be in the vicinity of n=1.01M-1.04M during the rally. A prime at that level should come in around 1000th-1500th place in the top-5000 list.

PRPnet config info.:
    server = "www.noprimeleftbehind.net"
    port = 2000

Or, in terms of a prpclient.ini config line:
    server=G2000:100:1:noprimeleftbehind.net:2000

Be sure and change your userID to whatever ID you prefer. Most people use their ID here at mersenneforum. It is also best to set the cache to something in the vicinity of 2 to 10 pairs.

Info. for downloading the newest PRPnet client can be found at PRPnet.

The last few rallies, PrimeSearchTeam has been rather dominant. Let's see if we can give them a run for their money this time.

Gary

(cross-posted from the main announcement at http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=16491--questions are welcome in either thread!
    Last edited by Max Dettweiler; 02-18-2012 at 03:12 AM. Reason: whoops, link typo