Thread: Quad Processor issues

Quad Processor issues

Howard is there any chance that you can write Quad Processor support into the Windows version of foldtrajlite to run as a service as I have 15 Dual Processor Xeon machines with HT enabled which I will be running DF on and I want to use the full Processor power. I have fudged a registry patch and put 3 and 4 in the service.cfg files but it doesn't work properly so I have to run 4 copies of the foldit.bat from 4 installs to get it to run and this is not good enough I need it to be able to run as a service can you help please
    1st for Overclockers Australia

Hi, i have idea for you.
    Download this service manager Firedaemon Pro version with gui
    Set up the folding client as ordinary(dos installation) without service installation(no /install before).
    Then fire up the firedaemon and install new service for different distribfold directories. You can manually select which cpu the service uses, when making new service with firedaemon.
    I've done this with dual 2,4ghz ht xeons in the past.

seems that pro version is purchaseable now. If you manage to find it from "underground" resources then you can test it out.

Originally posted by [veix]
    Hi, i have idea for you.
    Download this service manager Firedaemon Pro version with gui
    Set up the folding client as ordinary(dos installation) without service installation(no /install before).
    Then fire up the firedaemon and install new service for different distribfold directories. You can manually select which cpu the service uses, when making new service with firedaemon.
    I've done this with dual 2,4ghz ht xeons in the past.
    Thanks for the thoughts [veix], I had thought of using firedaemon but I run a network of 350 machines and stuffing around with firedaemon is a pain in the arse for remote management and if we can get native support for 4 or more services it would be much easier to manage

Im not sure what you're asking, but if all you want is an /install3 and /install4 and /remove3 and /remove4 options, that's trivial, I can add that (but not till the next release...). Will that do?
    Howard Feldman

Senior Member KWSN_Millennium2001Guy's Avatar
    Yes, I would like the trivial add. I have 3 8-way boxes available, so that would make it available to run on 6 more processors.

Originally posted by Brian the Fist
    Im not sure what you're asking, but if all you want is an /install3 and /install4 and /remove3 and /remove4 options, that's trivial, I can add that (but not till the next release...). Will that do?
    Thanks Brian, that is all I am after, that will make life much easier