Thread: dfGUI v3.01 for Win available (Fixes Locale Bug)

Exclamation dfGUI v3.01 for Win available (Fixes Locale Bug)

Thanks to the quick response of a number of users who helped me test the fixed code and for reporting the problems in the first place, I have just release v3.01 which should fix everyone's locale problems with floating point numbers along with a couple of other bugs that users reported.

You can get it in the regular location:
    http://gilchrist.ca/jeff/dfGUI/

v3.01 (Jun. 19, 2003)
    - Fixed locale bug where anyone using an International setting in Windows to change the decimal seperator to something other than a period (.) would have dfGUI report that values were not floating point numbers and exit. This should work without any errors now.

- Graphing code does not like 10M energy values in some cases and can cause dfGUI to crash. 10M values are now coverted to 1000 for the graph display (they are still stored as 10M in dfGUI.gen file).

- Fixed bug in Config where changing DF Client Directory folder would not immediately take effect.

MD5 Sum:
    92198c936e230c7ec4159168ec68ebbf dfGUIv301.zip
    f3e81258f48e390bd49445201ea957ab dfGUIv301src.zip

If you have any problems please let me know.

Jeff.

You can find screenshots here.

Ol' retired IT geezer

Thumbs up dfGui 3.01

Jeff,

FWIW, I downloaded your new version, shut down the old, substituted it for the version 3.0, and started the new....

Its working GREAT...

Thanks for all the enhancements...

Ned

Yes, works great. (I like this smilie)

Just stopped & closed dfGUI, copied the new .exe over the old, and restarted.

Attention German Speaking Users: dfGUI was translated into German by Gras and is now available for Download:
    http://gilchrist.ca/jeff/dfGUI/

Thanks Gras!

Jeff.

... thank you for the translation into german language

Good work !

I have a question about dfGUI: is it possible to add the -df switch (to buffer more than six generations) through dfGUI? Because I can't see an option for that. What if I manually add the switch to foldit.bat, will dfGUI over-write it?

-df is not supported in the current phase II client and ignored if found on the command line.
    -i f tells it to ignore the network.

Blog Entries
    Jeff Gras

Thanks Jeff and Gras for the German translation of dfGUI!

the-mk

Originally posted by bubbadog
    Thanks Jeff!
    Don't thank me, thank Gras as he did all the work for the translation.

Jeff.

Blog Entries
    erm, a question: why is there no tray-bar-icon-text of the german-translated dfGUI?

The english-dfGUI shows something like that "[dfGUI CPU1] Gen: 129 Structs Done 34% [17/50]"

The german-dfGUI just shows "Distributed Folding GUI"

You did a great work by translating this but it would be nice if there would be a traybar-icon-text
    the-mk

Originally posted by the-mk
    erm, a question: why is there no tray-bar-icon-text of the german-translated dfGUI?

The english-dfGUI shows something like that "[dfGUI CPU1] Gen: 129 Structs Done 34% [17/50]"

The german-dfGUI just shows "Distributed Folding GUI"

You did a great work by translating this but it would be nice if there would be a traybar-icon-text
    I never double checked that myself but trying the client now I see that for some reason it isn't showing the proper information. I will have to check the source when I get home tonight to find out what is going on.

It was not an intentional thing.

Jeff.
    Last edited by Digital Parasite; 06-24-2003 at 10:54 AM.

Blog Entries
    Update:

Jeff, I'm sorry to tell you that I did a mistake... the german dfGUI shows something like "[dfGUI CPU1] Generation: 13 fertige Strukturen 66.0% [33/50]" as traybaricontext. /me

I don't know why it is showing that information now, perhaps because I'm

But there is another bug: if I minimize it (the german version) to the tray bar and then take it back to desktop it tells me the following error-message: "External Exception C0000006". The GUI seems to be still working if I click that message away.

Hmmm... I'll go back to the original dfGUI. It works fine and I didn't find any error
    the-mk

Jeff - I've had 2 systems with out of memory errors while running dfGUI 3.00 and the new client. (whether because of dfGUI eating up a little extra Ram - or foldtrajlite increasing it's memory usage too much). Will wait and see if those two systems go into memory starvation without dfGUI, now.

Originally posted by tpdooley
    Jeff - I've had 2 systems with out of memory errors while running dfGUI 3.00 and the new client. (whether because of dfGUI eating up a little extra Ram - or foldtrajlite increasing it's memory usage too much). Will wait and see if those two systems go into memory starvation without dfGUI, now.
    My guess is your problem is with the new Client and not the GUI. See this thread for more info related to memory problems:
    http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthr...&threadid=3304

Jeff.

But there is another bug: if I minimize it (the german version) to the tray bar and then take it back to desktop it tells me the following error-message: "External Exception C0000006". The GUI seems to be still working if I click that message away.
    Ok, so your GUI is not properly displaying the messages you expect when you mouse over the tray icon?

I'm not sure about your other error message. I haven't seen this problem myself. Does it always happen, even if you close the GUI and load it again? Does it always happen if you try looking at each of the different tabs and then minimizing and then restoring the window again?

Jeff.

Ich hoffe die Übersetzung gefällt

Hm, but I don't know about the error message. I just translated all labels und messages, also moved some components around a bit... but I changed nothing in the code... you don't get this error with the original version?

Google shows:
    http://www.delphifaq.com/fq/q1061.shtml
    $C0000006 -> STATUS_IN_PAGE_ERROR

http://support.microsoft.com/support.../q113/9/96.asp
    STATUS_IN_PAGE_ERROR -> ERROR_SWAPERROR

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;155011
    ERROR_SWAPERROR -> Error accessing paging file.

Whatever this means

the-mk: I can't reproduce this bug you are experiencing with the German version of dfGUI. I can minimize it to the tray bar all day long and take it back to desktop and I don't get any errors.

If you reboot your computer, does dfGUI still do that to you?

Jeff.

Blog Entries
    If you reboot your computer, does dfGUI still do that to you?
    Yes, it does... but it's a difficult story to tell why it could happen: I have two machines, one linux (suse 8.0) and one windows (2k/sp3). The folding-directory of the linux-machine is "mounted" in windows and I'm running the monitor from the linux-folder while I'm running the folding-client via telnet/ssh. And I think the monitor wants to read the foldit.bat (I'm not sure about it, but it could be), but in the linux-version is no foldit.bat

I think it isn't necessary to your head with that problem

the-mk

Make a copy of foldit as foldit.bat

Yes, it does... but it's a difficult story to tell why it could happen: I have two machines, one linux (suse 8.0) and one windows (2k/sp3). The folding-directory of the linux-machine is "mounted" in windows and I'm running the monitor from the linux-folder while I'm running the folding-client via telnet/ssh. And I think the monitor wants to read the foldit.bat (I'm not sure about it, but it could be), but in the linux-version is no foldit.bat
    I don't think the GUI cares about foldit.bat unless you click on the "Start" button. What might be happening is when it reads the filelist.txt file it may be getting the linefeed characters from Linux that are not the same in Windows and some garbage is getting into a variable(s) somewhere causing strange problems.

I have never tried monitoring a Linux client over a share with dfGUI before (it was never designed for that) so I have no idea what kind of strange things can happen.

Does your dfGUI that is monitoring your Win2K machine also give you the strange error when minimizing and restoring or is it just the one monitoring your Linux client?

Jeff.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Digital Parasite
    I have never tried monitoring a Linux client over a share with dfGUI before (it was never designed for that) so I have no idea what kind of strange things can happen.
    But it works great with the original monitor! I can't control the linux-client (I don't really want to, therefor I've got the telnet/ssh-connection ) but it's a great monitoring tool!

Does your dfGUI that is monitoring your Win2K machine also give you the strange error when minimizing and restoring or is it just the one monitoring your Linux client?
    The german monitor seems to work fine with the windows client (just started it for a short while, tested the things where I got the error-messages at the linux-client and stopped it again).

Thanks Jeff for the hard work on the client Jeff
    the-mk