Thread: How often does dGUI submit results?

How often does dGUI submit results?

Just curious.... I'm currently working on generation 181 but my stats only showed 781250 points - > 125th generation. In dGUI it says there's 1 generation currently buffered. But which generation is this? Is there a default client setting that would auto submit results every so many generations?

Furthermore, if my computer crashes during say generation 150 and I restart the computer, which generation would dGUI start from?

Thanx!

That's an easy one (even for me, I guess)

If you have 1 computer that is currently working on generation 181, then that PC has generated soms 80k points for you.
    Seeing as your score is 780k I assume you have many more computers working for you.

If you have 1 generation buffered then that is the generation you're currently working on, gen 181 in your case.
    You always have at least 1 gen buffered and that is the one your working on. So you are already auto submitting

Your client picks up where it left, so that would be gen 150.
    Proud member of the Dutch Power Cows

And just to possibly clear up some confusion here, dfGUI doesn't submit results - it just monitors what the client (foldtrajlite.exe) is doing....
    FreeDC Mercenary

Oops...I just realized that I totally misunderstood the points formula.

So if I am working on generation 190, structure 5, and I decided to restart the computer, the client would start on generation 190? Or 189?

It would start on generation 190 structure 5.
    Proud member of the Dutch Power Cows