Results 1 to 31 of 31

Thread: Faceoff

  1. #1
    Old Fart Bigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wiesbaden
    Posts
    728

    Cool Faceoff

    It looks like Lauren has decided to come after me on this project.
    I feel there is another massive GPU faceoff about to happen.
    That means we will be shooting up the rankings though.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

  2. #2
    Administrator Bok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    21,797
    Blog Entries
    13

  3. #3
    =>Team Joker<= LAURENU2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicago IL USA
    Posts
    5,477
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    YA the world tour today we flew over Denmark
    tomorrow we cross Romania and jump over to Canada
    boy we are racking in a lot of fast flyer's points

  4. #4
    Old Fart Bigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wiesbaden
    Posts
    728
    Romania - check

    Canada - check

    Next stop, Sweden and then Ukraine.

    Anybody else going to join us?
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

  5. #5
    Old Fart Bigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wiesbaden
    Posts
    728
    Looks like we'll be in Sweden tomorrow.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

  6. #6
    =>Team Joker<= LAURENU2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicago IL USA
    Posts
    5,477
    Blog Entries
    1
    I wish we could have stayed in Denmark a bit longer
    They had some good shops there

  7. #7
    Old Fart Bigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wiesbaden
    Posts
    728
    Sweden - check

    Next stop Ukraine in about four days.
    Last edited by Bigred; 05-02-2012 at 03:39 AM.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

  8. #8
    =>Team Joker<= LAURENU2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicago IL USA
    Posts
    5,477
    Blog Entries
    1
    I don't think we can make it over South Africa without extra rocket fuel

  9. #9
    Old Fart Bigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wiesbaden
    Posts
    728
    Quote Originally Posted by LAURENU2 View Post
    I don't think we can make it over South Africa without extra rocket fuel
    Patience grasshopper. One country at a time. More help may come along the way but for now it is just the three of us.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

  10. #10
    =>Team Joker<= LAURENU2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicago IL USA
    Posts
    5,477
    Blog Entries
    1
    But, But, But, But, I Want it now

  11. #11
    Old Fart Bigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wiesbaden
    Posts
    728
    Quote Originally Posted by LAURENU2 View Post
    But, But, But, But, I Want it now
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

  12. #12
    Old Fart Bigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wiesbaden
    Posts
    728
    Ukraine - Check
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

  13. #13
    Old Fart Bigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wiesbaden
    Posts
    728
    Next stop Slovakia.

    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

  14. #14
    Free-DC Retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    3,978
    I think I'm getting work for this - adjusts priority on quad.... giving as much boost as I can.

    Checked booster - 0.24% of total output you guys have the other 99.76%
    Last edited by gopher_yarrowzoo; 05-07-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    Retired from Free-DC...
    I don't have the time or money to help anymore...

  15. #15
    Old Fart Bigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wiesbaden
    Posts
    728
    Quote Originally Posted by gopher_yarrowzoo View Post
    I think I'm getting work for this - adjusts priority on quad.... giving as much boost as I can.

    Checked booster - 0.24% of total output you guys have the other 99.76%
    At least you're helping.
    That's 0.24% we wouldn't have without you.
    Now if we could just convince some more people to join in we would travel a lot faster and be able to visit more countries. Just don't tell anybody that the GPU credit here is very good.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

  16. #16
    Old Fart Bigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wiesbaden
    Posts
    728
    Slovakia - check

    Next stop Germany.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

  17. #17
    =>Team Joker<= LAURENU2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicago IL USA
    Posts
    5,477
    Blog Entries
    1
    Around the world in 88 Days I feel like I'm in a movie

  18. #18
    Old Fart Bigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wiesbaden
    Posts
    728
    Germany - check

    Next stop Russia.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

  19. #19
    =>Team Joker<= LAURENU2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicago IL USA
    Posts
    5,477
    Blog Entries
    1
    where is our next port of call ?
    I hope it some place like Tahiti
    I could use a good swim time

  20. #20
    Old Fart Bigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wiesbaden
    Posts
    728
    Next stop should be Russia in about 3 days followed by Canada.

    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

  21. #21
    Free-DC Retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    3,978
    Radar Check:
    Russia Team in 1.85 days
    ORION-7 in 2.77 days
    USA in 3.2 days
    Electronic Sports League (ESL) in 5.11 days
    Crunching Family in 5.92 days

    Looks like a fun 5 days.....
    Retired from Free-DC...
    I don't have the time or money to help anymore...

  22. #22
    Old Fart Bigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wiesbaden
    Posts
    728
    Quote Originally Posted by gopher_yarrowzoo View Post
    Radar Check:
    Russia Team in 1.85 days
    ORION-7 in 2.77 days
    USA in 3.2 days
    Electronic Sports League (ESL) in 5.11 days
    Crunching Family in 5.92 days

    Looks like a fun 5 days.....
    I wonder if somebody could figure out how many miles we're covering?

    Russia Team - Russia
    ORION-7 - Canada
    USA - USA
    Electronic Sports League - International so I guess that means a trip to the ISS
    Crunching Family - Germany

    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

  23. #23
    Old Fart Bigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wiesbaden
    Posts
    728
    Russia - check Bigred Laurenu2 Gopher

    Next stop Canada.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

  24. #24
    Old Fart Bigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wiesbaden
    Posts
    728
    Canada - check

    Next stop USA.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

  25. #25
    =>Team Joker<= LAURENU2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicago IL USA
    Posts
    5,477
    Blog Entries
    1
    Are We There Yet

  26. #26
    Old Fart Bigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wiesbaden
    Posts
    728
    USA - check

    Next stop back to Germany.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

  27. #27
    =>Team Joker<= LAURENU2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicago IL USA
    Posts
    5,477
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    USA - check

    Next stop back to Germany.
    I don't want to go back to Germany it was boring there last time

  28. #28
    Old Fart Bigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wiesbaden
    Posts
    728
    Quote Originally Posted by LAURENU2 View Post
    I don't want to go back to Germany it was boring there last time
    This time stop here to eat and drink. I highly recommend it just make sure you are very hungry.

    I promise it will be a short stop over.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

  29. #29
    =>Team Joker<= LAURENU2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicago IL USA
    Posts
    5,477
    Blog Entries
    1
    I think Bigred forgot to pay the electric bill

  30. #30
    Old Fart Bigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wiesbaden
    Posts
    728
    Quote Originally Posted by LAURENU2 View Post
    I think Bigred forgot to pay the electric bill
    Actually, I'm in the process of changing ISPs at work. The old one shutdown last week and hopefully I'll get the new one up and running tomorrow or Friday. The good news is that I'm getting a 16x faster connection which should help end all the upload/download backlogs I had.

    The next step is to try to get the air conditioners upgraded so I can run more machines in hot weather.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

  31. #31
    =>Team Joker<= LAURENU2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicago IL USA
    Posts
    5,477
    Blog Entries
    1
    Why is it that your upload speed never comes close to your Download speed
    Last edited by LAURENU2; 05-31-2012 at 12:31 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •