Thread: Somebody want to explain Generations and structures?

Somebody want to explain Generations and structures?

I 've been running this thing a for a couple days. Using the DFgui to monitor it as I have it hidden with zero output to the screen.

Seems to be chewing along nicely and even with just my 1 box single cpu system I am climbing our charts more than I would have thought.

I notice this thing has "generations" and in a generation there are structures?
    Is that right? What is a generation and what is the structure?

Since I am finally on borad band I just let it go, but when does it upload and how often?

It uploads after each generation.

There are 251 generations, numbered 0 through 250. In each of these (except for generation 0), there are 50 structures. In generation 0, you generate 10,000 structures (right? actually, it might be 1000, or it might be 5000, I don't remember anymore ). The gen 0 structures are all random.

At the start of generation X (X running from 1 to 250, that is), the best structure from generation X-1 is chosen. Then, it gets tweaked throughout generation X, and the best one gets recorded. After all 50 structures in that generation get generated, the best one gets uploaded, and you start over.

After generation 250, you go back to generation 0 and pick the best of another set of structures, generated completely at random.

ugh I think I'm more confused now

Here's my interpretation of them:

they equal stats to put ars to shame