Thread: Goal amount of Work

Goal amount of Work

When will we change to the next Protein ? I think he 10,000,000 structures goal is a non-sense because the new client needs less time to calculate better results.

We haven't hit zero RMSD on this one yet have we? I'd guess that some point shortly after we have completely solved a protein would be a good place to stop.

Otherwise if Howards goal is x samples of a protein, then I guess we stop shortly after x is accomplished. I kind of doubt that the project is structured so that we change proteins when someone (other than Howard) thinks we've done enough samples.
    FreeDC Mercenary

howard hinted in a post somewhere (search?) that it would be for a given time period, i think he mentioned 1 month

my guess is it is an open item of fairly low priority at the moment
    Use the right tool for the right job!

You're right FoBoT
    Originally posted by Brian the Fist

Lastly, although the thermometer still reads 10 billion, I'm not sure how fast we'll move on this so we're aiming to do this first protein for about a month - we'll adjust the thermometer shortly once we get an estimate of where we'll be in a month's time.
    Member of the Los Alcoholicos

We will be switching to a new protein shortly most likely. However we also have a few serious bugs to get worked out so if these can all be fixed by the end of next week we can release it all together, otherwise we may go ahead and do the new protein anyhow.

As always we will post a message on the News page when we pick a date to switch things.
    Howard Feldman