Thread: W2k/xp: Status 906 Generic Structure Error

Origami Suits You Too Marcelloz's Avatar

W2k/xp: Status 906 Generic Structure Error

Again I have the 906 Bug troubling 2 machines. They both run the DF client as a service. OS is W2K and XP. What can i do to get this to work correctly and to save my work?? I got several other machines running in the same network without problems.

========================[ Jul 7, 2003 8:35 AM ]========================
    ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4127} Error during upload: STATUS 906 GENERIC STRUCTURE ERROR
    ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4127} Error during upload: STATUS 906 GENERIC STRUCTURE ERROR

This MAY be a problem with the server not being able to accept your result for some reason. If you e-mail your 8-char handle to trades@mshri.on.ca and a brief note, we can check the server error logs for any errors specific to your handle that may make some sense of it.
    Howard Feldman

Thanks for the reply.

I've got the same error. It was caused by a problem on my end and caused me to lose 200 generations as even though I had -it in the foldit file it still wouldn't connect. I used the kill pid command on it instead of just deleting the lock file and it messed up the filelist of course cause it didn't write etc ...

[000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4127} Error during upload: STATUS 906 GENERIC STRUCTURE

Someone else had this same error message and it was because they did the same thing I did.

Any chance you did same thing as well (Is this a *Nix Machine?) or that the machine crashed recently while DF was active?

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have the DF clients installed as a service on W2K/XP machines, so i don't do anything will kill commands or *.lock files

The machines also did not crash. Sometimes this problem occurred when stopping and starting the service, after rebooting the machine, but also when the service was just happily running...

I have a dual machine which only runs 15/7 and sometimes this problem occurrs and automagically dissappears after a day or 2/3. I use a script to stop and start the services. Starting and stopping services on other 'problem' machines however does not do this trick

I now have re-installed the problem machines and don't have any problems the last 3 days but we'll see after the weekend. I already have several backups waiting to take over and finish their upload :sleepy: