Thread: filesets (points) not being added to my "amount of work contributed"?

Hairball Herder and chatbot

Unhappy filesets (points) not being added to my "amount of work contributed"?

Well....that upload just BLEW CHUNKS! I just sneakernetted over for upload two clients from the same box. dfGUI reported one client having 115k points, the other 95k. After the upload, I got credit for roughly only 60k points.

NOT COOL!

Anyone else have this problem? If this is a designed behavior, then why is it not on the board here or something? If this is some problem with my DF, why hasn't this happened before? I *think* I would have noticed it...

Any help would be appreciated. These are windows clients, I haven't deleted any files associated with the clients dirs (even though I could have, according to the FAQ), the clients are running without net access, had run for about three straight days without my stopping them, and were still running when I stopped them for sneakernet and upload. Oh - they're also two clients on the same duallie box running in seperate directories.

PLEASE HELP!

Had you uploaded any results from the current 250 generation set prior to this? IIRC, the dfGUI shows two point totals, a cumulative total for the current set, and the point value of the current generation. So you could show ~200k points of cumulative work done, but only uploaded 60k; if you had uploaded the balance earlier.

Hairball Herder and chatbot
    rshephard -

Thanks. Yes, I know dfGUI shows two totals: client total points and points buffered. I was looking at points buffered. However, I think now I might have b0rked something in my ftp job. To be sure it doesn't happen again, I've modified my sneakernet procedure to prevent it from happening again.

Looking back, I may have taken an incorrect "points buffered" figure and multiplied, thus arriving at a wholly inflated figures.

Does around 10k/CPU on a dual 1Ghz P3 machine sound about right? The machine is 133 FSB and has 1GB RAM, IIRC.