Thread: Folding Mystery

OCworkbench Stats Ho

Folding Mystery

Why is it AMD systems are faster at Folding, but Intel systems consistently get lower RMSD

Do not laugh, I have looked into this. How the golly gee sarge could this be
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    8 views and not 1 reply..All AMD users too scared to say boo PItyall my cubes are AMD
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

Boinc'ing away
    hmmm - now you mention it...my P4 got me the lowest RMS (~5.46) but is taking about ~10% longer than my Barton (both equivalent speeds - P4 is 2.7 and WinXP and Barton is 2500+ and Mandrake 9.1)...although my Barton did get a ~5.53 so that was low as well...

well, my axp 2400+ did hold my low RMSD prize
    but last weekend a PIV @ work took over that prize.
    does it really matter as in RMSD scores or is this just a reason for you to talk trash on AMD?
    if it is
    Driving home the sky accelerates and the clouds all form a geometric shape.

.. are you basing this on too small of a sample size, though?

/e starts spreading false rumours.. a Mac generated my lowest score.

Well, my P3-800 box came out with a 6.09 it it's first set of 250, and not one machine has touched it since. That was weeks ago.

My 2 AXP boxen have done 10's of sets and none has even broken 6.5 but the P3-800 and a Tully 1.4 havn't gone under 7.0 since, so go figure.

I think anyone here including Howard would be hard pressed to offer a rationale for this theory. I think it is just a coincidence, IMHO.
    -Self Denying Stat Ho-

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Maybe those with the 10 lowest RMSD can post their computer specs

that would be interesting to see the top 10 broken down like that.
    i dont have a top 10 but im still gonna post my specs anyways on my DF boxes
    Work #1 PIV 1.6 256 megs pc2100 <---low RMSD

Work #2 PIV 1.8 256 megs pc800

Home #1 AXP 2100+ oced to 2400+ 512 pc2700

there is another computer @ work with an indentical setup to work #1 that i want, but i havent asked the lady (our accountant...) if i can set up DF on her machine.
    Driving home the sky accelerates and the clouds all form a geometric shape.

http://www.distributedfolding.org/te.../team1943.html

That's me at the top of the heap (for now).

That RMSD was produced by an AMD machine (I can guarentee it cause my only Intel machine is going to a different account elsewhere.

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    There is hope for us American Micro Devices Folders after all