Thread: Question for users getting error msgs

Question for users getting error msgs

I just wanted to verify for myself something regarding these 3 errors:

1. 002.003 Unable to read trajectroy distribution.. please create new one

2. XXX_min.val is missing/corrupt, please fix

3. XXX_min.val from previous generation is missing

(these may be worded slightly differently).

The question is, has anyone received any of these errors and NOT been using Windows, or NOT been running multiple processes on a 2 or more CPU machine?

If so, please state your OS, which of the 3 errors you got, and this is only if you were running a single folding process.

I suspect all 3 of these were caused by interprocess interference and that is what I'd like to confirm now. If that is the case, all 3 of these should be fixed in the version I posted in the previous thread. Thanks.
    Howard Feldman

I assume since there's 59 reads an 0 responses that my assumptions are correct here??
    Howard Feldman

25/25Mbit is nearly enough :p pointwood's Avatar
    I'll post this in our forum and on our website - I know there are lots of our members that doesn't follow this forum...
    Pointwood
    Jabber ID: pointwood@jabber.shd.dk
    irc.arstechnica.com, #distributed

I'll get it posted in ours as well.
    "So utterly at variance is destiny with all the little plans of men." - H.G. Wells

I got message #1 on a Linux machine once. Single processor machine. Only got it once and that was quite a long time ago and haven't had it since on anything at all.

Unhappy OSX Missing .val

I've recived error number 2 on a client running Mac OS 10.2.6. I was able to delete filelist.txt and get it running again only to have it happen a second time. This machine did little else than run this and occasional updates/patches/coding. I also had the Fink environment installed and may have updated it in the background while running the client. For reference it was the CVS-Unstable version of Fink.

Unfortunatly I just rebilt it with OS 10.3 dev_preview so I don't have access to that exact install. I was unaware that my error was unique.

Will
    Last edited by Striker_21; 07-17-2003 at 02:56 PM.

I'm running all windows machines and all single. I have recieved the third message 4 times and had to start from scratch. I have recieved the first message several times. This morning I had it on six machines. I was able to restart all of them. This happens after serveral errors of cannot connect to server.

I received #1 on one box - single 1.4 TBird - Win2K-SP4

I'm using the client that was available at around 10:00pm central time last night from the main site (I just started).

I tried some of the fixes mentioned (decrementing the .trj file, deleting top two files listed in filelist.txt, etc). None worked. Everything went to hell after I decremented the .trj file. I had to wipe the directory and start back over from 0. :/

"Cannot find structure from missing generation. (long string).min.val. Find it manually or delete filelist.txt to continue" popped up on a single processor machine that is running WinXP home - and was left disconnected from the internet for several days.

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Make sure the file is not in your recycle bin before deleting filelst.txt
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.