Thread: stats are down.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries

stats are down.

This is not good. I'm getting this when booting my database server. Mobo dying ? Spent all evening working on it, but this might be the end of the stats. Can't get it to boot at all now. It's a Gigabyte mobo with a core i7 2600k.

Webserver is fine, so forums will be ok, but stats are going to be down until I can figure this out. And I'm heading out of town for a couple of days, I'll think about the options whilst away. Got to be up in about 4 hours and then drive for 9 hours to Pittsburgh.

No idea how much it would cost, but could the stats be run in the cloud?

I don't know enough about your processing, b/w, whatever requirements to figure out how much AWS would cost for instance.

Cheers,

Al.

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Chertsey - it's all php front end to a mysql DB that's propegated by cron data grabs. Tricky to say the overall processing requirement, I just know it's a lot of in ram processing to make it as easy on the system as possible.. DB cached too..
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    This is not good. I'm getting this when booting my database server. Mobo dying ? Spent all evening working on it, but this might be the end of the stats. Can't get it to boot at all now. It's a Gigabyte mobo with a core i7 2600k.

Webserver is fine, so forums will be ok, but stats are going to be down until I can figure this out. And I'm heading out of town for a couple of days, I'll think about the options whilst away. Got to be up in about 4 hours and then drive for 9 hours to Pittsburgh.
    Hello Bok! Any news?

Blog Entries
    Got home late last night (2am). Ran a few tests on the server this morning. Still not entirely sure whether it's the mobo or the SSD. Going to put in the replacement SSD and run some more tests...

Thanks for hosting and running the stats. It's definitely my favorite site! Hope you're able to get it figured out soon and that cost will be minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by USAFA 82 View Post
    Thanks for hosting and running the stats. It's definitely my favorite site! Hope you're able to get it figured out soon and that cost will be minimal.
    I hope so too. I'm looking forward of the stats being online again!

Blog Entries
    I think there may be good news today...

Hi Bok, just donated $25 to help with your costs......keep up the good work.

Alan

Blog Entries
    Thanks pal. Almost got them done. I certainly expect them to be online later this afternoon my time. Though the server is sitting on the floor with SSD's hanging out. I need to get them mounted

Hey guys, I just registered to tell you that I and our team (www.411overkill.com) really miss your Stats page. Nobody has anything on you guys.

I've donated $10, and other members from our team has also donated. looking forward to having Free-DC back up and running again.

We miss it.

Best Regards,

Vin

Hey Bok - TheDawgz have added $25 to the collection plate as well.

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys. They are running as of now.

I'd just rather wait a few more hours to make sure everything is holding up ok before I open them up. I'll looking into researching and ordering some new hardware in the next few weeks hopefully, received $250 in donations today!

I'd just rather wait a few more hours to make sure everything is holding up ok before I open them up. I'll looking into researching and ordering some new hardware in the next few weeks hopefully, received $250 in donations today!
    That is sweet and great to hear Bok. looking forward to seeing the updates once again.

One our team members Element6 said it best "Funny how we value things once they are gone"

Vin

Thanks guys. received $250 in donations today!
    see. people are prepared to pay for useful stuff 50 came from me. Just keep up the good work! Cheers

You're doing a great great work... add more Eur25 from me

Edit
    Lol... no Euros, so donated $30

cheers

Just about to chuck some coppers in the collection tin - Just figuring which currency to do it in, English Pounds or dirty dollars

Cheers,

Al.

Just registered and added $50 to the collection tin. Keep up the stats they are missed when not up!

Pretty soon he's gonna realize that he makes more money with the page offline... I think we gotta stop donating till it's back up...

Blog Entries
    I don't get anything (well very little) usually Everything is running smoothly at the moment and all stats are up to date. Just going to let it run through a few iterations, before opening the website live....

I do appreciate all the donations. I have enough for a new motherboard and two new SSD drives now. These will be spares for now. If I get enough for another PSU/CPU and some memory (and I'll add a couple $100 in myself) they will eventually go into a total hotspare for the db server. Pity we don't have connections at Intel any longer to see if they would donate some nice new hardware

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Bok You da man..
    Now for me to get back and help you keep them up there and keep this thing up and running...
    By Running - I mean running smooth and sweet.
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Great news Bok.....thanks again

Thank you very very much Bok.

Vin

Quote Originally Posted by Vinster View Post
    Thank you very very much Bok.

Couldn't agree more!
    Donation's on it's way.