Thread: Best time

Best time

When is the best time to check for the daily posting?
    Example: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...=eah&team=6105

I'm used to working with WCG and they post their numbers around 7PM daily.

Thanks

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Good Morning, the Stats are updated when there is new data available to them, I can't remember the exact update frequency as each project gives a different number of daily updates.. the Last Updated time is a good indicator and is showing in local timezone - hmm just spotted a bug that I though I had squished, let me go fix that time issue grrr
    That time was 6 hrs ago at the time of writing.
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Quote Originally Posted by gopher_yarrowzoo View Post
    Good Morning, the Stats are updated when there is new data available to them, I can't remember the exact update frequency as each project gives a different number of daily updates.. the Last Updated time is a good indicator and is showing in local timezone - hmm just spotted a bug that I though I had squished, let me go fix that time issue grrr
    That time was 6 hrs ago at the time of writing.
    Were do I find this Last Updated time? Do you mean the Data Updated time indicator in the upper right corner of the web page?

Also, on another issue, how do I access my Signature or do I need to make 100 posts in order to have that privilege?

Thanks

An example of my frustration.

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...ah&team=125805

Seti@Home - XtremeSystems Overview
    Last Checked : Sat Apr 20, 04:58:49 2013 PDT
    Data Updated : Fri Apr 19, 08:19:54 2013 PDT
    Current Time: Sat Apr 20, 11:21:24 2013 PDT

The Data Updated time shows 8 AM. It is now 11:21 AM and the Today's Breakdown data is already zeroed out.
    So, when do I get to see the data that was Updated at 8 AM?

I am very confused. At my age, this is almost an ongoing condition.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    In your example above, the data updated was Friday, which means there has been no new data today as of yet. It gets zeroed out after midnight EST each day.

This page gives a good indication of when each project exports new stats to be picked up. They should appear live not too much long after this.

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=statsrun

You can further breakdown this per project like

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...tsrun&proj=eah

Einstein@Home export their stats twice per day.

Thanks, Bok,

I wouldn't have hurt, if I had realized that this is Saturday, but I'll accept the site education.
    Again - how do I access my Signature or do I need to make 100 posts in order to have that privilege?
    Also, I didn't get an email notification of your post. Why not?

Thanks again,
    Gandalf

Thanks for the Signature privilege.

How do I mark this thread as [Resolved]?
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer " [Douglas Adams (11 March 1952 – 11 May 2001)]

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Just go to Settings in the top right, then Edit Signature should be on the lefthand side. You don't need any particular privilege for it.

As for email, not really sure, it's possible your ISP blacklists this IP given it's a pseudo dynamic IP though. I just don't have an option to get a static IP, not that it ever changes. I presume you did switch on email notifications for this forum ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    Just go to Settings in the top right, then Edit Signature should be on the lefthand side. You don't need any particular privilege for it.

As for email, not really sure, it's possible your ISP blacklists this IP given it's a pseudo dynamic IP though. I just don't have an option to get a static IP, not that it ever changes. I presume you did switch on email notifications for this forum ?
    I got your latest posting notification.
    How do I mark this thread as [Resolved]?
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer " [Douglas Adams (11 March 1952 – 11 May 2001)]

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    You don't mark threads as resolved - I will however close this thread for you.
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..