Thread: ARS Challenge

ARS Challenge

ALL

So do we roll over and die or do we fight ?

Minister of Misinformation magicfan241's Avatar
    "Are those the only choices?"-- Chicken Run

I say fight, but I am currently using 265% of my available boxen, so I can't help out any more. No lie. All of MY home computers (100%) , the other computers in the house (65%, edited for part time), and the parents work computers (another 100%). Paycheck ain't till thursday. I'm working on convincing Barnes & Noble, where I work, to let it run on the 23 new Dell P4 2.4's put throughout the store. Phat chance of that happening....

magicfan241

There isn't a run away option because anyone caught
    will be shot.

I can take my current output and put it to the 256th power. 0^256=0 hmmm. If the lead gets to 1.5 mil, call me at (555) 555-1212. I won't be waiting.

You should get a link on the official forums, that says "Hosted by Free-dc", and when they click on it, it converts them to Free-DC. Gets new members....

I was able to bring on 3 more finally - but I'm just about tapped out until them Opteron thangs get turned loose on the public
    Oh, and Free-DC never runs
    We DIG IN!
    /me wonders if I need to remove the keys from the virtual fridge door so folks can concentrate

/me pulls out 22 six-packs of Corona while shouting "Good idea IB!!! Just keep posting that while I clean up in here!!!"

Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

/steals a six pack

Have no computers, oh well. posting is fun too. On my IBM thinkpad 755CDV. 486DX4 100Mhz. Won't run DF. It has 40MB of Ram!

IB

I am about maxed out as well.

PS
    Are you still rebooting every 24 hours?
    I have got lazy since the update and haven't been doing it.

No, I do not stop the client every 24hrs. Haven't since the new client came out.
    I do have a schedule that checks it every hour and looks for the foldtrajlite.ex process, if it doesn't find it, it removes the .lock file and restarts it tho.
    I had two computers that had restarted the client about 5 times in a row, but that's about it.

This looks better
    Hourly Production

Got a new 3.2 Ghz HT box that will go on line this week sometime. Sadly, got kicked off the boxen at work after the upgrade fiasco, so I'm stuck with what I can bring up at home. Any good suggestions for $200 folding boxes? I could bring up a few more at that price.....
    FreeDC Mercenary

I'm working on convincing Barnes & Noble, where I work, to let it run on the 23 new Dell P4 2.4's put throughout the store. Phat chance of that happening....
    They might go for the screensaver version
    FreeDC Mercenary

I was thinking that, but screensavers are disabled.... got to keep a professional image and all. I will work on it for a while longer. I am spending around 15% of my paycheck there anyway, so, they should give me borging rights...

Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

1 billion!

Did anyone notice the thermometer is set to hit the top at 1 billion, and not 10 billion?

On the other hand, something like this 2.4 Ghz Celeron motherboard might be a better buy? ( By the time you add fan, case, and hard drive, you're probably well over $200 again. )

Tigers deal 2.4 Celeron

Wish IronBits would weigh in here with a suggestion or two....
    FreeDC Mercenary

A Celeron????????

Re: 1 billion!

Originally posted by IronBits
    Did anyone notice the thermometer is set to hit the top at 1 billion, and not 10 billion?
    Words say 1B..graphic is still 10B

Minutae is now your life?

Not! We are already at the 2 mark, but only with 200,000,000+
    Normally that thang don't move till we hit a billion mark...

What? What?

Do0d..yer becoming incomprehensible!!! You been into the Irish Mist today????

Hmm..you might even be right..

"Something is not right at the Circle K Ted...."

Perhaps Howard's delicately-worded reply in this thread is a clue.

Re: ARS Challenge

Originally posted by PCZ
    ALL

So do we roll over and die or do we fight ?
    Rolling over and dying is not an option here! Crunching as we always have and recruiting new members is all that we need to do in order to engage in a "fair" battle against the Arsians.

/me is also an Arsian but not for df!

Jammy
    A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices.
    --William James

Seventeen or Bust: Team Prime Rib