Thread: Note for those with filelist.txt problems or missing/corrupt .val file messages

Note for those with filelist.txt problems or missing/corrupt .val file messages

Whle we have not found the source of these problems yet, preliminary examination of 7of9's data (who was kind enough to post a broken client directory for us to examine) suggests that you may be able to avoid at least some of these problems by using the '-g1' options (or the DFGUI equivalent - update progress.txt after every structure). So please do so until we fix these problems and it may save you some headaches.

And when you DO get a fatal error involving either missing .val files or .trj files, please zip up the directory and let us take a look. Preferably stick it on a web/ftp site you have permission to use, or a Yahoo briefcase. Otherwise e-mail trades@mshri.on.ca and ask us if you can e-mail it (to avoid an influx of 10MB e-mails!). Thanks! We hope to have these all fixed ASAP.
    Howard Feldman

Here are some more.
    1 for corrupted filelist.txt
    1 for missing gen
    2 trj errors

On the second trj; distribfold_traj2_drwatson.zip is the snapshot right after the dr watson error. distribfold_traj2_after_drwatson.zip is the snapshot after the .lock was cleared and the client restarted, which resulted in a "Unable to read trajectory distribution" error.

login as anonymous@pcliquid.com and make up a password. if you are using windows to browse you have to login twice. Not sure what that is all about.

Anyway, if you could just shout after you have downloaded them I would appreciate it. Then I can clear them off the server.

Thanks!

ooh! I posted some in the bugs forum earlier today.

Re: Note for those with filelist.txt problems or missing/corrupt .val file messages

Originally posted by Brian the Fist
    Whle we have not found the source of these problems yet, preliminary examination of 7of9's data (who was kind enough to post a broken client directory for us to examine) suggests that you may be able to avoid at least some of these problems by using the '-g1' options (or the DFGUI equivalent - update progress.txt after every structure). So please do so until we fix these problems and it may save you some headaches.

And when you DO get a fatal error involving either missing .val files or .trj files, please zip up the directory and let us take a look. Preferably stick it on a web/ftp site you have permission to use, or a Yahoo briefcase. Otherwise e-mail trades@mshri.on.ca and ask us if you can e-mail it (to avoid an influx of 10MB e-mails!). Thanks! We hope to have these all fixed ASAP.
    Can't send dir contents, but here is the error text:

ERROR: [001.001] {trajtools.c, line 3507} Unable to open trajectory distribution file ????????_protein_250.trj
    FATAL ERROR: [002.003] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 5262} Unable to read trajectory distribution ????????_protein_250, please create a new one

Hope this helps! This one was on Generation 250! That REALLY sux!!!

I deleted the filelist.txt before I read this thread, here is the error enyway, it occured after generation 46 on a FreeBSD machine.

========================[ Jul 30, 2003 6:12 AM ]========================
    FATAL ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 3461} Unable to find file mvye3q2i_10_mvye3q2i_protein_46_0000032.val; cannot continue - replace file and start again, or manually delete filelist.txt

The zipped up file is 15.1MB for mine...way too big for any website host I have.

This is the error I had

========================[ Aug 5, 2003 9:40 PM ]========================
    ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4411} Cannot find structure from previous generation .\rj2akp44_0_rj2akp44_protein_135_0000045_min.val; find it manually or delete filelist.txt to continue
    ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4587} Error during upload: Previous generation missing

========================[ Aug 5, 2003 9:41 PM ]========================

========================[ Aug 5, 2003 9:42 PM ]========================

========================[ Aug 5, 2003 9:44 PM ]========================
    ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4411} Cannot find structure from previous generation .\rj2akp44_0_rj2akp44_protein_135_0000045_min.val; find it manually or delete filelist.txt to continue
    ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4587} Error during upload: Previous generation missing