Thanks to everyone who sent us their broken directories for analysis. I have gone through them all and there are one or two that still puzzle me. For the rest, it appears most problems are caused by people exiting improperly - this includes issuing kill signals in UNIX or closing the DOS text client by clicking the X in the upper right of the DOS Window. Some may also be a result of monitors such as dfGUI reading the filelist.txt at the same time as the client is trying to erase it (and rewrite it). And I believe I have identified a possible logic error which could account for some of the 'missing .val' messages but not certain on this one.

Anyhow, the code has been made more robust against all these situations and I believe most, but not necessarily all, of the problems people have been having should go away now.

Thus I'd request those of you, especially those who've been experiencing lots of problems with the latest client, please try out this new one so I know which bugs still exist, if any. You can grab it here:

ftp://ftp.mshri.on.ca/pub/distribfol...lite_test1.zip

and it is for Windows only so far. Just overwrite your foldtrajlite.exe with the one in the ZIP (after backing it up first of course). You do not have to delete filelist.txt when you copy this over unless you were experiencing a problem the last time it ran. It will not fix already broken situations.

I can provide a Linux build if there is a demand too.

The only bug this definitely does NOT fix is the expr4parsevalue -490 error message, this one has stumped us so far.

Thanks and please provide your feedback here as to whether the new version is any better.