Thread: Easily searchable/readable bug tracking table?

Easily searchable/readable bug tracking table?

Just reading a few posts, it's hard to determine if the bugs are the same, closely related or not. Any chance a table could be produced (just in simple html) that people could use to look up bug symptoms? In order to check whether your bug has been reported? As a sticky at the top of the DF forum would probably be the best place vs reading thru the list at the DF site.

All these posts make identifying bug strains very hard... at least for me. If nobody else is having problems seeing if their bug has been reported then disregard.
    Last edited by Chinasaur; 08-05-2003 at 08:16 AM.
    Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

Re: Easily searchable/readable bug tracking table?

Originally posted by Chinasaur
    Just reading a few posts, it's hard to determine if the bugs are the same, closely related or not. Any chance a table could be produced (just in simple html) that people could use to look up bug symptoms? In order to check whether your bug has been reported? As a sticky at the top of the DF forum would probably be the best place vs reading thru the list at the DF site.

All these posts make identifying bug strains very hard... at least for me. If nobody else is having problems seeing if their bug has been reported then disregard.
    I second this Idea. I would even take it to to the point of asking Howard to include in the readme.txt the list of error messages
    [xxx][xxx] = this is whats wrong kinda thing.

I would prefer to set up proper bug tracking software actually. Ill get back to you once Ive got something going.
    Howard Feldman

Re: Re: Easily searchable/readable bug tracking table?

Originally posted by cygnussphere
    I second this Idea. I would even take it to to the point of asking Howard to include in the readme.txt the list of error messages
    [xxx][xxx] = this is whats wrong kinda thing.

i'll third it.

I've not had much trouble, but if i did i know this would be much easier.

It would reduce the number of different threads reporting the same bug

Originally posted by Brian the Fist
    I would prefer to set up proper bug tracking software actually. Ill get back to you once Ive got something going.
    Howard, do you have the time/resources to do this, or would some help from the community be useful?
    "So utterly at variance is destiny with all the little plans of men." - H.G. Wells

I just sent a e-mail to IronBits (I think) with the suggestion of adding it here somewhere so we'll see what he says. The one I had in mind is http://roundup.sourceforge.net/
    Howard Feldman

Ah, that'll work. I should be hearing from him anytime now (this site runs on my servers).

Seriously, that package should be no problem. I've never used it before (we use Bugzilla at work), but it looks pretty straightforward. I'll try to have something up & running later tonight or first thing in the morning.
    "So utterly at variance is destiny with all the little plans of men." - H.G. Wells

Ahh - so IB and Moggie notwithstanding, Dyy always gets the last laugh....

Hey - does that mean when I'm logged onto Free-DC anywhere (including here) that there is a DF folding client somewhere that is getting a few less cycles?

Ok - with ARSTechnica on our tail, we need every last cycle available, so, I'm outta here....
    FreeDC Mercenary

Originally posted by Dyyryath
    Seriously, that package should be no problem. I've never used it before (we use Bugzilla at work), but it looks pretty straightforward. I'll try to have something up & running later tonight or first thing in the morning.
    Sounds great.
    We just starting using Bugzilla too but I'm not particularly fond of it (yet). So if this Roundup turns out to suck we can always switch back to Bugzilla.
    Howard Feldman

Hey - does that mean when I'm logged onto Free-DC anywhere (including here) that there is a DF folding client somewhere that is getting a few less cycles?

Ok - with ARSTechnica on our tail, we need every last cycle available, so, I'm outta here....

**Furiously starts clicking Refresh**

Originally posted by Galuvian
    **Furiously starts clicking Refresh**

You DO know that refreshing tkes up CPU cycles right?

Blog Entries

Originally posted by ^7_of_9
    You DO know that refreshing tkes up CPU cycles right?
    And did YOU know that inserting a lot of animated gifs (like our smilies) take a lot of cpu-cycles while you are watching this site?

And if there are a lot of smilies they take really a lot of cpu-cycles!

:using-no-smily-to-prevent-of-taking-too-much-cpu-cycles:

Oh no, I was watching that thread too long...
    the-mk

LOL

Originally posted by the-mk

And did YOU know that inserting a lot of animated gifs (like our smilies) take a lot of cpu-cycles while you are watching this site?

And if there are a lot of smilies they take really a lot of cpu-cycles!

:using-no-smily-to-prevent-of-taking-too-much-cpu-cycles:

Oh no, I was watching that thread too long...
    That was posted from work. My work machine doesn't do any DC projects, but the PC YOU are viewing these posts from does I bet! That means it's slowing down YOUR crunching but not MINE

The producers of this thread have been sacked!

Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

Blog Entries
    Hmmmm...maybe I should cut the smiley choices down to about 5 or so.

Takes away the temptation and all...don't cha know.

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Originally posted by Chinasaur
    The producers of this thread have been sacked!

Stats God in Training Darkness Productions's Avatar
    Or you all could be sane like me, run a browser that allows you to stop the animation after one go-round. Therefore, by the time I get to the bottom of the screen, no animated gifs for me

Originally posted by Darkness Productions
    Or you all could be sane like me, run a browser that allows you to stop the animation after one go-round. Therefore, by the time I get to the bottom of the screen, no animated gifs for me
    In I.E. after everything has loaded just hit ESC to stop the animations

Howard, you've got mail.

If we are getting new code the next go around, it might be a good idea to have this running prior to the cut over or shortly after?

We might also need it when we get the 64-bit client.