Thread: It's been a while...

It's been a while...

According to the stats page, there have not been any primes found since 2007, despite steady progress (and partnering with PrimeGrid). Is anyone taking bets on when the next one will show up?

Would it speed up the process at all if everyone focused on a specific k value? Idle musings...

Quote Originally Posted by Bananaman42 View Post
    According to the stats page, there have not been any primes found since 2007, despite steady progress (and partnering with PrimeGrid). Is anyone taking bets on when the next one will show up?

Would it speed up the process at all if everyone focused on a specific k value? Idle musings...
    It's been SO long since anything happened with this project that I am wondering if the people in charge of it have just left it on autopilot, so to speak, to do other things.

Could be. I suppose at this point it's pretty much just letting idle computer cycles do their work and waiting for the automated email saying "A prime has been found". It would be nice if updates on the main page were a bit more frequent, though.

There might be a new update soon when mprime is updated to best support Haswell processors. Who knows. I'm still crunching primes.

Blog Entries
    wbr, Me. Dead J. Dona \