Thread: Server outage

Server outage

I haven't been able to get to www.distributedfolding.org for several hours now, and things are banking up. Anyone know what the story is?

Well, there has been a massive power outage in the East so......
    www.hardcoreware.net

the power is out in toronto, it will probably be a while, good chance not until tomorrow before howard can get everything restored
    Use the right tool for the right job!

Power Outages.... been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Take your anger out on your governor, like we are.

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Bugger
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

Re: Server outage

Originally posted by erk
    I haven't been able to get to www.distributedfolding.org for several hours now, and things are banking up. Anyone know what the story is?
    www.distributedfolding.org seems to be down since an hour or two. What's up?

Re: Re: Server outage

I hope it wont be so long until the servers are back up, because some of my clients try to contact the server for some minutes after each generation ... a lot of time that is lost !!!
    The German DC Community : Team Rechenkraft.net - Join now ! Rechenkraft.net

Blog Entries

Re: Re: Re: Server outage

Originally posted by Keller
    I hope it wont be so long until the servers are back up, because some of my clients try to contact the server for some minutes after each generation ... a lot of time that is lost !!!
    what about adding "connect=0" to the service.cfg (if running as windows service) or add the switch "-if" into the foldit(.bat)-file until the server is up again?
    the-mk

We are having some DNS problems, which are being worked on as we speak.
    We apologize for any inconvenience; please try to fold offline for now until things are back to normal.
    Elena Garderman

Re: Re: Re: Re: Server outage

Originally posted by the-mk
    what about adding "connect=0" to the service.cfg (if running as windows service) or add the switch "-if" into the foldit(.bat)-file until the server is up again?
    I dont have control about all my boxes ... some are a few miles away ...
    The German DC Community : Team Rechenkraft.net - Join now ! Rechenkraft.net

You guys may want to consider purchasing a secondary DNS service form www.dyndns.org. They host four DNS machines around the world, preventing the failure of your primary DNS from interfering with access to your web services.
    Derek

It has long since been back to normal. I was only recommending offline folding to people who were really bothered by the messages.
    The outage was very short and fixed promptly
    Elena Garderman