Thread: Upload list has been tampered with - power outage

Upload list has been tampered with - power outage

I got hit by the power outage at work here in Connecticut. We do have a UPS but guess what, that failed as well so all systems lost power.

After power was restored and we got all the systems back up I tried to restart the client (Tru64 UNIX). On three of the cleints I got this error in error.log:

FATAL ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 1462} Upload list has been tampered with, please delete filelist.txt and try again.

I assume the client was in the process of updating filelist.txt when power was lost. Am I correct? Anyway, deleted the appropriate files and restart from Gen. 0. Oh well.

Shortfinal

Just lost 350 generations in the same way.Is there anyway to salvage these?

You can try doing:

.\foldtrajlite -purgeuploadlist 1

(or ./etc if you're on Linux)

to remove files from the upload list one at a time until it finds one it likes. This actually works, but be patient. It may have to discard quite a few. When it gets there, it'll just take off uploading and clear all the files when it's done.

Read about this option here .

What if you have a vast number of pairs and an almost empty filelist.txt?

My filelist is blank?

Originally posted by crumpton
    My filelist is blank?
    Did you do what the error-message suggested (delete the file)? That would explain it ...

Originally posted by crumpton
    Just lost 350 generations in the same way.Is there anyway to salvage these?
    the last time this happened to me I teleted the last two or three lines that start with "CurrentStruc" all I had was lines starting with .\ and uploaded and it worked. At least I was able to upload my work. Make a copy of your file first though.

You may have a filelist.tmp.txt if your filelist.txt is size zero or empty - if so try renaming this back to filelist.txt and if you are lucky everything will upload...
    Howard Feldman