Thread: Vey slow upload

Vey slow upload

It's taking between 3-10 min/generation for upload. Is this normal? I have a machine with 197 generations buffered and it seems impossible to finish.

Just uploaded ca 400 generations.
    5-10 sec pr. gen. (56Kb modem)
    No problems here
    Proud member of The Genome Collective

have you checked for the MS-Blaster worm?

visit www.norton.com for a removal tool; and links to MS patches for Win NT OSes (4.0, 2k, XP) - in case you've gotten infected with something eating up your bandwidth..
    www.thegenomecollective.com
    Borging.. it's not just an addiction. It's...

Slow upload

Problem appears to be firewall; I'll have to take the data home to upload.

TyOI

has a solution to the slow uploads been found yet

that i know of there are no viruses on the cluster, no problems with the firewall all systems are either running Win XP Pro or Win2K Pro and have a min or 256Mb Ram each

the only problem i have with DF is it takes an eternity to upload and this is the reason I do very little on this project meantime

solve the upload problem and you can have 30 CPU working 24/7 on the project

Regards
    Tom

Sorry, TyOI. As responsive as the admins on this client are (and they are very responsive), it is clear that they have never tried to upload a large block of results over a dialup connection, especially on the day of a protein change, with the kids waiting transport to a soccer game, dinner on the stove, and the dog scratching at the door. If they had, we would have a system that rapidly accepts your block of results into a temp file, prints "The Mount Sinai Hospital Distributed Folding Research Project has just received 723 results from user <<TyOI>>. These results will now be checked for validity and added to our database. Credit for your work will be posted at the next stats update. Thanks and have a nice day." The response would be disabled for single-unit uploads, as from an always-on user.

As it stands, they have only envisioned complete point-of-entry validation and processing and that's what we have. I should point out in their defense, that it's a LOT more work to do post-processing. Sure would speed up the online interface, though.
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

Originally posted by Paratima
    Sorry, TyOI. As responsive as the admins on this client are (and they are very responsive), it is clear that they have never tried to upload a large block of results over a dialup connection, especially on the day of a protein change, with the kids waiting transport to a soccer game, dinner on the stove, and the dog scratching at the door. If they had, we would have a system that rapidly accepts your block of results into a temp file, prints "The Mount Sinai Hospital Distributed Folding Research Project has just received 723 results from user <<TyOI>>. These results will now be checked for validity and added to our database. Credit for your work will be posted at the next stats update. Thanks and have a nice day." The response would be disabled for single-unit uploads, as from an always-on user.

TyOI
    whats that crap all about - only asked a simple? as to whether or not the connecting to upload server problem had been resolved

Reagrds
    Tom

What problem? Nobody else seems to be complaining...
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.