Thread: 12 1.8G+ p4's

12 1.8G+ p4's

Anyone know what the projected output of about 22Ghz of P4's running winxppro service install would be? (hint hint)

My experience with P4's with DDR and somewhat aggressive memory timings is that they do about 100x their speed in Ghz, measured in cEMs/sec, therefore

12 * 1.8 * 100 = 2.11M

My guess is your P4's will do about 1.9M. You are quite welcome to join the Geomatica team to repay your undying gratitude for my answer!

sorry.. already a member of team anandtech in many projects

With 3 older machines I'm currently doing around 1.1. So......I think those machines will do more than that.
    Folding 24/7 for a cause
    www.hardCOREware.net
    HCW DF Team!

With all the assimilating I've done recently I'm approaching the 6M barrier

In my experience, memory speed counts. Thus the question becomes what kind of memory you're using and at what FSB.

Just the last week I replaced the memory on an Athlon-1.2 (PC133 instead of PC100 -- the MoBo didn't do DDR yet) which changed it from 12x100 to 9x133 and went from 160kcem/s to over 195kcem/sec.

Thus if your P4's happen to run RDRAM (ideally RD1033 they could be blazing along. If they run with PC100, I wouldn't expect too much out of them. Or if its anything in between... well, you'd get something in between.