Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Missing Badges

Missing Badges

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...0d0f10d06d71dd
    You picked up my fifth Yoyo badge (thank you), but I'm now missing three badges from Primegrid and one from WCG.
    See Badge Bar below.
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer " [Douglas Adams (11 March 1952 – 11 May 2001)]

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    yeah, I've been building up a table in the db with each badge available to store it's characteristics like height and width etc and I join to that table for the banner. Some are still missing in that table, I'll have them in today.

Blog Entries
    Should be fixed now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    Should be fixed now?
    Bok - you are a man of your word. Thank you.
    I noticed a badge in your banner that looks like a summation sign in the area of the Yoyo badges.
    Is that a completed Yoyo project?
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer " [Douglas Adams (11 March 1952 – 11 May 2001)]

Blog Entries
    That was the Euler (6,2,5) one. Have a look at their homepage

They also had a very shortlived project called EvoRobots. Not many people got work on it and there was never any badges, but I ended up 3rd on that one

That was the Euler (6,2,5) one. Have a look at their homepage

They also had a very shortlived project called EvoRobots. Not many people got work on it and there was never any badges, but I ended up 3rd on that one
    Yea, it's finished. Bummer. I'd have like to have had that badge. Oh, well. Can't have everything. But I can try.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for pointing that out, looks like I had a typo with some of the 15e badges in my database. All fixed.

Bok

thanks for the quick implementation.

best greetings
    hl

Could you add Seti@home and Seti beta badges? Hope you can.
    Name: Rick A. Sponholz
    Seti user ID: 12031
    Seti Beta user ID: 19681

Thanks in advance,
    Rick

Blog Entries
    Adding them is easy, taking them away is not and that's the problem in that they are transient. I understand that they are like this to encourage people to stay on a project in order to keep the badge, just gives me a bad taste to give something then take it away again.

But I have coded it (mostly). They will likely show up at some point soon.

Blog Entries
    One of the other issues with this is that these are generic badges from BOINC. Aren't they identical at both Seti@Home and Seti@HomeBeta (as well as at NFS). Perhaps I should parse them but only place them on the individual user pages, not on the banner, otherwise how would people know where it came from?

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    One of the other issues with this is that these are generic badges from BOINC. Aren't they identical at both Seti@Home and Seti@HomeBeta (as well as at NFS). Perhaps I should parse them but only place them on the individual user pages, not on the banner, otherwise how would people know where it came from?
    Good Idea or add some text so you know where they are from...
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Hi,

The turqouise badge for Primegrid's SoB subproject seems to be lost in translation, as it is shown as a missing/broken image.

Blog Entries
    Thanks,

fixed!

Bok

Sorry to be a pest, but I've notices other provider's badge signatures are able to display individual's GPUGRID published science paper contribution badges. At least for me, these are the most valuable, because rather than just crunching/searching contribution, these badges represent actual scientific results. Not sure how the other sites get access to these badges, but would you please consider adding them? I use free-DC as part of my signature to advertise your site, and to advertise the projects I support. Thank you in advance for your careful consideration of my request. Col. Rick A. Sponholz

Blog Entries
    I suspect they crawl the individual pages for just users who sign up. As I do that WCG and a couple of others I'll write one for GPUgrid also, take a couple of days, but I'll use your id first.

Blog Entries
    I did have a cursory look at these, but I was a little confused as users seemed to have multiple versions of the same badge, so can you explain just what you would like to see? I didn't see them on some of the other signatures out there either.

I'm just too swamped with work to figure it out.

On GPUGRID, you get a badge (a teardrop with mickey mouse ears representing the percentage of each published science paper you contributed to. Different colors represent different percentages. A person would have duplicate colors if they contributed the same percentage to multiple papers. I was hoping you could show all the teardrops w/mm ears I've earned. The other signatures did not say what service generated them. An example of the badges showing is on the signature of zombie67 [MM] on poem@home's message board/news/POEM++ 2.0 Release. Hope this helps. Thanks for attempting to make this work. Regards, Rick

Any chance you will be able to show our additional GPUGRID badges? Do you need any more info besides the answers I posted last week? Thanks for your efforts. Rick

Blog Entries
    I'm afraid I just need time, and I'm very short of it with real life

BOK,
    No problem, you do a great job for us, and I'm proud to use your site to display my stats. Take care of the important stuff first. Just wanted to make sure you didn't need more, or better answers from me.
    Regards,
    Rick

Hi Bok,
    Sorry to keep bothering you, but I've received a special badge from Milky Way for an, "Extraordinary Contribution". It's a cool badge. Is there a way for you to add it to my Free-DC badge signature? Also, what happened to the Mega Milestone badge that used to be in my collection? not sure where it was from (Free-DC?), but it was cool too. Once again, thanks in advance, Rick

Blog Entries
    When they aren't exported from a project I have to write a screen scraper, please send me a link to it and I can take a look.

Can you also provide a link to your stats page so I can get your CPID to check out the MM badge (yes I create those)

Can you also provide a link to your stats page so I can get your CPID to check out the MM badge
    My MM badge vanished a few days ago as well - I assumed you'd just abandoned the idea. Whatever, I no longer have one, CPID: cd41405690468f5888029048beb69fb3

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...029048beb69fb3

Cheers,

Al.

Milky Way site: http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/home.php user ID: 94260
    My Free-DC stats page: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...7290da6c5240fa
    If you need anything more, just ask. Thanks, Rick

Blog Entries
    ugh, this has been because of another recent fix where a users CPID changed and they got multiple images. I created a new unique index using the users id as part of the key, but of course for the MM badges it's not related to an individual project so doesn;t have an id so I use 0 - all inserts after the first one then fail for the MM badges as they duplicate the index.

Bottom line is I'm going to have to figure out some unique # for the user for these.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rsponholz View Post
    Milky Way site: http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/home.php user ID: 94260
    My Free-DC stats page: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...7290da6c5240fa
    If you need anything more, just ask. Thanks, Rick
    I couldn't find anything describing which other badges are available, is this the only 'non credit' one ?

Yes, the extraordinary contribution badge is the only other badge available. there are a total of three simultaneous badges from Milky way, one for years crunching, one for number of credits, and the extraordinary contribution badge. Also, I got my mega milestone badge back, thanks, Bok. Regards, Rick

Blog Entries
    I've asked on their forums if they can export the userids who have the special contribution badge.

Bok,
    Did you ever get an answer from Milky Way? Regards, Rick

Blog Entries
    I didn't

http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/...ad.php?id=3528

Perhaps you can reply and add weight to it..

NFS overall badge milestone missing?

Hello Bok,

on NFS I received yesterday the golden overall badge. This seems not to be included in the badge milesone list on the user project stats pages. Is this by intend that there should only the subproject badges included? Do we need to identify the overall badges from the recent milesone list?

The golden badge as such is displayed corretly, so the question is more for curiosity than real importance.

Blog Entries
    Correct, the code is only in place to track the subproject data. And so can only identify the badges associated with that data right now. Was written at the time when Primegrid was the only one giving out badges and they were subproject only.

I could enhance it to handle credit milestones as well I think.

I didn't

http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/...ad.php?id=3528

Perhaps you can reply and add weight to it..
    Bok,
    I replied to Milky Way, and they responded. Did you get what you needed from them?
    Regards,
    Rick

Blog Entries
    Not yet, they have just asked on the BOINC dev mailing list about adding the data to the standard xml.

Bok,
    Not sure how often you update the badges in our signatures, but a few days ago I got a couple of new badges on World Community Grid, an additional badge on Wildlife@home, and of course the additional badge we've talked about before on Milkyway@home. Please update when you can. Thanks, Rick

Blog Entries
    They should be updating every few hours. Can you point me to one of the badges that is missing?

Bok - do you know about the new WCG Diamond badge?

Diamond - recognizing higher levels of contribution of 5, 10, 20, 50 and up to 100 years of computing time

Yup, one of them is the 5 yr. Diamond badge for Mapping Cancer Markers, another is the 5 yr. badge for FightAids@home (both on WCG). The missing badge from Wildlife@home is the silver feather for 12 hrs. of validated video. The Milky Way badge is for Extraordinary Contribution to Milky Way. Regards, Rick

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast