Thread: Suggeston for a New MegaMilestone

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Suggeston for a New MegaMilestone

Hi Bok
    I have mentioned before how the supreme efforts of some make it very very hard to get a Maxwell these days, and I thank you again for the changes you made to allow us normal folk to see a Maxwell when we get one. I have been thinking some more about this and come to the conclusion that there is a missing Mega-Milestone that would allow many people to deservedly get some feedback that they were doing quite well in the grand scheme of Boinc, and particularly in Free-DC. Something that equates to a Maxwell but is quite possible to get for normal folk.

How about this, simply give credit to users when they reach a certain number of Mega-Milestones where they are in the top 1000. That simple! It's kind of a poor man's Maxwell I know, but it would reward a lot of people, and I am guerssing would be relatively easy to code.

Perhaps it should be when you are in the top 100, but I think that would be hard for a lot of folk, though there is no reason not to have a Mega version too!

I have no strong opinion on how many you would need to have in order for it to show in the Mega-Milestones table, personally I am all in favour of showing one when you get one, as I think anything that encourages people is good.
    Something like this would be quite wide ranging in that it would encourage people to go for all the Mega-Milestone targets, things like 25K becomes as important as 750L, or even the Bok! - perhaps not.

I don't know if you have had this suggestion before - it looks too obvious for it not to have come up before, but if you haven't, and like the idea, and are looking for a name for it I would be honoured if it was called a MiRB.

Cheers
    Mark

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    For sure...

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...&subproj=mirbs

I'll have to fix the links so it appears in the side and the >9 in the title as it's actually >1

Wow! That is fantastic! - what a service! I feel IMMORTALISED! lol.
    I like that you spotted that you can't get a MiRB for being in the top 1000 of MiRB's! Quite right too.
    Thanks Bok

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Fixed the headings and links

Excellent. thanks again Bok, really good work there.
    MiRB

I notice that currently you can't get a Maxwell for MiRB's, or at least I haven't - I currently have 15 and the top scorer has 29.
    Is this deliberate or an oversight worth correcting? (Possibly worth checking if the same thing applies to TeraMiRBs)