Thread: Help Me

Help Me

I just noticed my DF client wasn't running.. and thought it was weird.. check it out and it had some error message on it.. about missing a generation.. or something..
    restarted it.. it goes to upload the work.. again meantions missing generation then tells me to fix it.. or delete filelist.txt

I tried to edit the filelist.txt, but now it says the file list has been tampered with..

Can I fix it so I can upload the work I've done, or is it wasted... can I stop this sort of thing from happening again.. its crashed a fair few times recently..

I believe you remove the last 3 lines (CurrentStruc... on down)
    run .\foldtrajlite -f protein -n native -purgeuploadlist 1
    then
    run .\foldtrajlite -f protein -n native -u t
    repeat until it starts uploading.

You can sideline that whole directory and start with a fresh install to, whilst you try to work thru it

Good Luck!
    edit your foldit.bat and add -g 1 (like so)
    .\foldtrajlite -f protein -n native -rt -qt -g 1

Tried that and I got..

[NULL_Caption] FATAL ERROR : [000.000] Missing/Invalid arguments. For usuage run program, with no arguments. Hit return.

DOH

Make a copy of filelist.txt before doing anything. (always)

Try .\foldtrajlite -purgeuploadlist 1

Thanks Tim

I'm not too certain that Howards recent server change helps. Was uploading 300 generations and got disconnected (timed out) from server during upload of 8/300. Tried again, got missing generation error. Ended up having to purge to the end of a set of 250 generations (something close to 180 generations lost) before it would resume uploading. I've stopped folding anything offline - it's way too risky....
    FreeDC Mercenary

I've got a couple of boxen that I can't handle any other way (than offline). Successfully uploaded 1200+ gens from one the other day. Just luck of the draw, I guess.

However, when I'm doing the upload (over a cable modem) I don't allow ANY other network stuff. I shut down my other folders and warn my wife that there's to be no surfing or email till it's done. It's worked so far.

i do a crapload of offline DF crunching, if i hit any snags, i will be sure to post them in the bugs forum and try to provide info for howard to investigate

i guess i have been pretty lucky, so far
    Use the right tool for the right job!