Thread: AutoUpdate failure

AutoUpdate failure

I tried to auto-update my OS X client but this is what happened.

It asked me whether I wanted to auto-update, with choices y-es, n-o, or a-lways. I said Yes - it downloaded the update, then said "Authenticity not verified - update anyway?" I hit yes, but the program does nothing. I exited using a Command-C break and tried again to no avail.

Derek

The last update had the same error. It was supposed to be fixed, sounds like it is not. You can run with the -if flag until you can download the full set of new files. Then copy your data files, handle.txt and foldit into the new folder.

Originally posted by Welnic
    The last update had the same error. It was supposed to be fixed, sounds like it is not. You can run with the -if flag until you can download the full set of new files. Then copy your data files, handle.txt and foldit into the new folder.
    Ok! I did manage to grab the latest version (with the new protein) from distributedfolding.org before it went down again with server maintenance. I hope the version I have works.
    Derek

This bug was fixed on Aug 18. If your version is older than that (check the date on foldtrajlite, or run it with no arguments to get a printout including the compile date) it still has the bug. The current update did NOT update any executables so re-download the binary package from the web site if you want to be sure you have a working copy. Hope that helps.
    Howard Feldman

Social Parasite
    Originally posted by Brian the Fist
    The current update did NOT update any executables so re-download the binary package from the web site if you want to be sure you have a working copy. Hope that helps.
    Once again I ended up downloading from the website and installing that in a new folder. (The auto-update to the old folder worked, but the upload of the previously completed work got a "SERVER DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE". I did not want to "mix" work from the previous protein and work from the new protein in the same folder -- that's why I went the download-and-install-new route.)

But I noticed that the foldtrajlite executable (Linux icc, dated Sept) was bigger in the package downloaded from the website than the one (dated Aug) that I had been running with. [When I see a change in the size of an executable, I think it's been updated.]

mikus