Thread: Anyone Seeing Slow AMD Duals on 78

OCworkbench Stats Ho

Anyone Seeing Slow AMD Duals on 78

Maybe I am going more nuts than usual, but my Dual MP2400 has got an abnormally slow Gen per minute speed compared to the last Protein. All Phase II it has shown for each Client a speed equal to a 1800XP, but this 78 Protein it is lucky to be as fast as a 1500XP Any other AMD Duallie owner seeing this, like 9-12 minutes per Generation
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

I'm seeing somewhere between 8 and 15 minutes per generation on a single-processor Barton 2500+. It is, indeed, much slower than the last protein (but mind you, it's still quite a bit faster than the one before it ).

No, your numbers don't seem all that far off, in other words... especially considering that you can't use both CPUs for one protein (you need two client installs for a dual machine). Because when that's part of the picture, your setup and mine are fairly close (2400+ vs. 2500+), assuming your MPs are Barton-core.

Edit: Scratch that, it's anywhere between 5 minutes and 20...
    Last edited by bwkaz; 09-04-2003 at 10:01 PM.
    "If you fail to adjust your notion of fairness to the reality of the Universe, you will probably not be happy."

-- Originally posted by Paratima

I have a K7D with two MP2800+ and it is going fine on this protein, my T'bred XP2600+ is actually beating my P4's that are running at 3GHz.

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Weird, this Protein seems to have a large variation in calculation times . Oh well, back to the Molecular Origami Game
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

How fast should a single Tualatin P3 1.4GHz be folding this protein? I can't tell if my dual rig is folding slow, because it's a new setup and I have no idea how fast it should be.

Noticed I'm not folding at the moment... This is starting to get annoying, having some problems here with my net connection.
    Proud member of the OCWorkbench Distributed Folding team