Thread: Glitch with official DF stats?

Question Glitch with official DF stats?

I'm getting something strange when I look at the official stats pages. For instance http://www.distributedfolding.org/teampages/team78.html is showing bguinto1 with 2,333,157,369 for the current protein, 10,583 overall, and everyone has a protein RMSD of 4.081048A.

I seen that to. They are the phase 1 stats. Somehow they are now showing up in the phase 2 stats spot? Hope this doesn't kill Dyyraths stats.
    Crunchin D.F. for www.procooling.com

Originally posted by jaydee116
    I seen that to. They are the phase 1 stats. Somehow they are now showing up in the phase 2 stats spot? Hope this doesn't kill Dyyraths stats.
    DOH!

OK
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, dyyryath@zerothelement.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Hairball Herder and chatbot
    too late. Dyy's stats are a no show right now.

The official stats seem to be back though. I guess there wasn't enough problems lately so they decided to mess with the stats!

Yes, I have been working on the Phase I stats and accidentally piped them to the wrong page - we apologize for any inconvenience, they were only off for about half an hour, I hope Dyy can recover.

And the reason the stats are being worked on is not because there is nothing else to do (now wouldn't that be nice ) but because many users have been asking for this functionality.
    Should be fully there by next week
    Elena Garderman

I'm not sure why, but I'm only seeing about 655 teams now. Up until 14:30pm EST on Friday I was seeing about 1003 teams. It *looks* like teams are missing, which would explain why the project totals I was calculating were suddenly much lower resulting in some negative numbers.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to sort out what's happened right now so I've just dumped the database and started fresh. I have stored the old data, though, so if/when I have time I can go back and figure out what happened.

Sorry guys. It'll be a day or so before things are really back to normal with the system. It really needs history to work with and it'll take some time to build it back up.
    "So utterly at variance is destiny with all the little plans of men." - H.G. Wells

The main DF stats are messed up. I think thats what might be causing it. I'm on the HardCoreWare team and our stats at df.org haven't updated since 3 PM EST yesterday. There are also several other teams I found that are the same.
    I'm jonez'en man!
    www.hardcoreware.net

Yup, the official stats are wonky.

I just got an email from 'Jan the Last' which explained that their team is one of the 'missing' teams. Apparently, their text stats page (http://www.distributedfolding.org/te.../team2111.html) hasn't been updated since 3pm Friday which puts it right at the time I started seeing problems.

He also pointed out several other teams that aren't updating. It looks like my system was correct: we're missing about 350 teams. I've also confirmed that Jan's team (PGRI-DF, team 2111) is completely absent from the combined stats archive (teampages.tar.gz).

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about this. Howard or Elena will have to get involved to figure out what's happened.

So how about it guys? Got some time to look at this for us?
    "So utterly at variance is destiny with all the little plans of men." - H.G. Wells

I was in position 41 (and according to distributedfolding.org's stats pages, still am - unless I got overtaken finally.. I've popped up to position 37 according to Dyyrayth's stats page. So there's 4 people ahead of me that are not being reported anymore - and at least 1 just below me on the first stats page that disappeared. i.e. 5 of the top 50 producers are missing..
    Everyone in The Rebels Haven Computer Forum that was on the first page seems to have disappeared. So a lot of weird stuff happened when we got a peek at the Phase I data..
    www.thegenomecollective.com
    Borging.. it's not just an addiction. It's...

Our team stats (1337kr3w) haven't been updated since Fri Sep 5 15:02:46 2003 EST, just like Jan the Last 's team.

Does anyone know what's causing this?

Same here... (CSB Team)

A statement would be nice.
    Are our results that we uploaded since Friday 15:00 pm lost? I think that since we don't get error messages when uploading this is not the case, and it's just a bug in refreshing the website.

it seems like it's just the team stats that are messed up - and for some reason, those on the messed up teams aren't being reported properly on some of the 3rd party stats pages.

http://www.distributedfolding.org/login.html
    will give you your current ranking and current stats.

http://www.distributedfolding.org/te...s/teamidx.html
    and if you're on one of the messed up teams - you can look at your team stats (seeing they haven't been updated since Friday) - and verify that your personal page's stats are higher than the Team page says.

What I wonder about now is..all this work we are doing right now, will it be counted and update once everything is back to good working order?

Since everything with the DF stats server is frozen at 3PM Friday, 5 Sep...there is no way to verify that our work is "taking" . Yes I can see that my machines are passing the finished work to the DF server since this freeze, but...

I have the 3rd best RMSD, 49th overall, and our Team is 22nd overall, team name hardCOREware. It would be nice to know where we still stand and is there anything I can tell our team members about this problem?
    The team members are getting unrulely and I can't blame them.

These same types of problem's are the reason our team as changed from 3 other DC project to this one. Doesn't seem anything has changed with DC projects...???

Do I feel better now that I have gotten this off my chest? A little.
    Folding 24/7 for a cause
    www.hardCOREware.net
    HCW DF Team!

Originally posted by tpdooley
    http://www.distributedfolding.org/login.html
    will give you your current ranking and current stats.
    Yeah, you're right - I forgot to check this page

Originally posted by Gras
    Yeah, you're right - I forgot to check this page

Yes, that does show your current total work todate!
    Folding 24/7 for a cause
    www.hardCOREware.net
    HCW DF Team!

jeah, thats really stupid!

@gras: hi

Dyy

When will the 'all users movement page' work again ?

TNX it appears to be working again
    Last edited by PCZ; 09-07-2003 at 02:59 PM.

Glitch
    You call this a stats glitch.

This is not how I would have described it at all
    /me looks over all the smilies, for one that would describe this the best and sighs.

Smile

Hi, mates
    A special thx to Dyyryath for the help. We'll trustingly wait for a solution of the stats problem. In the same time, our team continues normally to elaborate protein, as all of You.

Best wishes from all PGRI Team

There was an introduction of Phase I stats and things have been messed up ever since. When we first switched to Phase II - the 3rd party stats pages had troubles since all our user numbers and team numbers changed.

Are we only seeing about half the teams because that's the percentage that the team codes existed in both Phase I and Phase II? i.e. the DF stats system is looking up the Phase I team codes, and then trying to update it with sometimes nonexistant Phase II team codes data?

Originally posted by tpdooley
    There was an introduction of Phase I stats and things have been messed up ever since. When we first switched to Phase II - the 3rd party stats pages had troubles since all our user numbers and team numbers changed.

Are we only seeing about half the teams because that's the percentage that the team codes existed in both Phase I and Phase II? i.e. the DF stats system is looking up the Phase I team codes, and then trying to update it with sometimes nonexistant Phase II team codes data?
    I'm not sure that this is the real reason, tpdooley, because our team, for example, was present and coded since Phase I.

Byex

The Phase I thing may well have been what threw it off. I am with a brand new team and our stats haven't updated since Friday afternoon, but my old team's stats seem to be working just fine

It would be interesting to find out exactly who the "great number" of users that are clamoring for Phase I stats are. They are past and gone - is there really anyone here that has some urgent need to have a live view of old, non-updating statistics, given that it seems to totally disrupt the CURRENT stats?

Personally, I'm through with RC5-72, because the stats have been screwed there for weeks now, and I'm only a micron-or-so short of leaving DF as well. Be warned.
    Last edited by rsbriggs; 09-07-2003 at 10:44 PM.
    FreeDC Mercenary

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    I use to be a big supporter of keeping the old Stats, but now, I say let them die a quiet death
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

I actually still have the final stats from Phase 1 (as well as the previous history that went with it). If it's not a big enough deal to warrant the project admins putting it on the 'official site', I could easily make them available in a variety of ways through the Arachnid system. It wouldn't affect my Phase 2 stats at all...

The solution seems simple.

The Official stats page has a button for Phase 1 results this could link to a page put up by Dyyryath.

The Official stats database could remain unchanged and working !!

I would like to be able to see a combined stats page, even though the points process is completely different now, simply because I would be so much higher up the overall user list than I am now.

Vain?

Of course!

Why not?

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Dyyryath
    I actually still have the final stats from Phase 1 (as well as the previous history that went with it). If it's not a big enough deal to warrant the project admins putting it on the 'official site', I could easily make them available in a variety of ways through the Arachnid system. It wouldn't affect my Phase 2 stats at all...
    This looks like the best solution. Get your calculator out if you want to know your total score to date.
    Folding 24/7 for a cause
    www.hardCOREware.net
    HCW DF Team!

Thanks, our stats are back

Hi all,

I have to apologize for the inconvenience I have caused those of you who are dedicated stats watchers, and especially Dyy, who is kind enough to run wonderful and detailed stats in addition to what we have.

It seems that there was a database overaload that resulted from my changing the code, and this further resulted in some teams not being recalculated for the stats. As I fixed the initial glitch on Friday afternoon and the time-stamps were fine, off I went for the weekend, not realizing that there was a smaller subset of affected teams. My brain clearly needs some fixing when it comes to Friday afternoons

I have returned the stats to their original state in the meantime, and apologize again for any frustration this caused. Please note that NO WORK HAS BEEN LOST. It was merely a display issue.
    Elena Garderman

No worries, it happens.

I'm seeing 1005 teams now so everything appears to be back to normal. Thanks, Stardragon!

you could work weekends like me

i had two days off in august, that was only because the were waxing the shop floor and kicked me out

ok, scratch that, maybe i look at the stats too much
    Use the right tool for the right job!