Thread: sending DPs

sending DPs

hi, id like to send my current work.
    do i need to complete my 10 000 DPs to be able to send or do it exists some others ways?
    thanks

Re: sending DPs

Originally posted by junky
    hi, id like to send my current work.
    do i need to complete my 10 000 DPs to be able to send or do it exists some others ways?
    thanks
    You are are mislabeling the units which should be called "structures" or "structure sets". DPs refer specificly to the ECC2-109 distributed computing project. You should be able to upload them before reaching that number, but your focus should be on moving beyond that and onto the next 250 protein sets of 50 structures, because that's where you should be able to generate the accurate protein structure predictions that the project is trying to create.
    A member of TSF http://teamstirfry.net/

ive 3200 structures now, and i was just figure out if i need to complete all the sets of 10 000 structures?
    sorry about my vocabulary, but im still in theECC2-109 project

You have to finish a generation before you can return any results. The 1st generation (Gen 0) is 10,000 structures so yes, you have to complete all 10,000.

The rest of the generations (Gen.s 1-250) are only 50 structures each but these structures take longer to build that those in Gen. 0.

Once you complete Gen. 250 you start all over again with generation 0.

Shortfinal

Originally posted by shortfinal
    You have to finish a generation before you can return any results. The 1st generation (Gen 0) is 10,000 structures so yes, you have to complete all 10,000.

The rest of the generations (Gen.s 1-250) are only 50 structures each but these structures take longer to build that those in Gen. 0.

Once you complete Gen. 250 you start all over again with generation 0.

Shortfinal
    A complete set has 10000 structures in generation 0 and the best of them will be optimized in the generations 1 to 250. This is done with a genetic algorithm - so you cannot know how long this will take.
    The actual protein is rather small - so it won't take too long.
    The client will try uploading after finishing a generation - if not possible the files will be stored.

Actually, we're not quite at the genetic algorithm stage, although we are using parts of that approach, and will be reverting to full-scale genetic algorithm in Phase III
    Elena Garderman

Originally posted by Stardragon
    Actually, we're not quite at the genetic algorithm stage, although we are using parts of that approach, and will be reverting to full-scale genetic algorithm in Phase III
    Nice to hear!
    Hm..can you tell me more about the differencies between the clients or the aim of phase II and III?
    One point is the pseudo blind and the true blind test - but what about the algorithm?

thanks for the info guys, i just finished my phase 0.
    im now getting just small set of 50.