Thread: Client request with regards to monitoring....

Client request with regards to monitoring....

I've been asked by several members of the Team Prime Rib team to add support for the Seventeen or Bust client to my DCMonitor application.

I started looking at possible ways to check the status of the client and it appears the only way to do this is to parse the logfile. I'm quite happy to do this but was wondering if it is possible for the a future version of the client to produce a file with some of the information that is placed in the log file. This would greatly improve the efficiency of the client monitoring as my app (and any other third party apps) would only need to check a few lines instead of wading through possibly thousands of lines of logs for the relevant information.

Cheers
    pk

Checkout DCMonitor v2

basically all the while would only be written to when the log is updated and would holdfor example a timestamp, the current test (k and n) the position in the test (n.high) and the current rate (which is computed for the gui client anyway).
    Cheers,
    Marc

3rd the request

Exactly what information do you need? The service handler is already monitoring most of what goes on in the GUI clients and I could easily export that to a file (or a shared memory buffer or a pipe or...). This would at least help users who are using the service handler

Team Anandtech
    I'm not a member of TPR, but I think that would be great, and helpful for everybody running the client. Very nice looking program, too

Sorry for the slow reply, I've been AFK for most of the last couple of days.

Originally posted by MathGuy
    Exactly what information do you need? The service handler is already monitoring most of what goes on in the GUI clients and I could easily export that to a file (or a shared memory buffer or a pipe or...). This would at least help users who are using the service handler
    The info I'm after is what MarcC posted about. The reason I ask that its placed in a file is that it allows for easy remote monitoring through a mapped drive on each machine.

Although it would be nice to have your service handler provide the info, I would prefer to get the info directly from the client so that users who don't use your (excellant) service handler wouldn't be penalised.
    pk

Checkout DCMonitor v2

I understand completely, pk...