Thread: online?

online?

hi guys, id like to know for this distributed project if my computers need to stay connnected ? cause maybe my twin can start this distributed too (he's on dialup). he has a XP 2400+, which that may help.

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Yes, you can Fold Offline. The easiest way is to run the Client with a shell like DFGUI, found here

http://gilchrist.ca/jeff/dfGUI/

It lets you set it as to be run Offline in the Config Menu, and then Stop it and Upload when online. I am not good at explaining so I will leave that up to my Peers It does have good documentation, but someone should point you to extra help that is dead easy to read .
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

You can run offline just with the configuration you'd use when running online. Everytime the client tries to upload (and fails) you'll lose some seconds of crunching but I guess that's not really worth mentioning.

Of course you can fold offline (as Grumpy said). If you don't use the GUI, just add the "-if" switch to the foldit(.bat) file. If you don't know how to do that, it's easiest to use the GUI

thanks guys for the information