Thread: How do I safely uninstall / reinstall?

How do I safely uninstall / reinstall?

I am guessing that if I delete my distribfold directory that all my work will be lost and will have to start from zero? If I want to install the text client on a different pc... what's the best way? I read it somewhere but can't find it searching the groups. TIA

Stop the client.
    Copy the client directory to another PC
    Start it up and it will carry on where it left off

If you want to run it as a service on the new PC then you will have to issue the foldtrajlite /install command again.

Correct me if I am wrong but if I do stop my text client and copy the folder to another pc... can I run that client from both pc's? Or do I have to start each client from scratch if I want to run it on numerous pc's? Thanks

You must start each client from scratch on each machine, as each CPU does its own independent simulation. You cannot fork partway through and split one simulation into two or more.
    Howard Feldman

If you make a copy of a working directory with filelist.txt and a generation intact, install it on a new machine and run them both; one machine will fold, upload the data and get credit. The other machine(s) will fold, upload the data, and complain that the generations have already been uploaded.

I believe I've lost a night's worth of folding because I forgot to wipe out the data on the slow machine after I copied it..
    www.thegenomecollective.com
    Borging.. it's not just an addiction. It's...