Thread: Migration to new server

Exclamation Migration to new server

just taken from the old website:

# Feb 28 2005: IMPORTANT:The DHEP server will migrate to a machine hosted by the Free-DC team. ALL CLIENTS MUST BE RECONFIGURED as described for the beta test server in the Feb 22 entry below.
    # Feb 22 2005: Beta test of the new DHEP server has begun and will finish on Monday 28th. To migrate to the new server you must change the following in your scripts: every time it says 139.184.166.27 should be changed for stats.dbestern.com. This includes the java.policy file and the launching scripts. Statistics will not be logged for this week to incur no disadvantage to those joining in the beta test. Beta test result will be announced on Monday 28th. If successful all users should migrate and stats collection will be resumed on Tuesday from the new server. If unsuccessful stats collection will be resumed on Tuesday from the old server.

every time it says 139.184.166.27 should be changed to 70.84.240.122

Should interaction stay at 1 minute?
    Don't Panic!

Mine are still set that way, and were all during the beta test, if that's any help.

Everything looking ok? I know more and more folks are piling on

www.amdusers.com
    What's with the "News" section at Sussex and dbestern sites saying Feb 29th 2005? Doesn't exist in my calendar.

Hi there,

I've recently downloaded the installer for DHE, and it still points to the old server (instead of dhep.dbestern.com).

Would it be possible for someone with access to the installer to update this and refresh the installer.msi?

Cheers
    Sean

Originally posted by SeanAdams
    Hi there,

I've recently downloaded the installer for DHE, and it still points to the old server (instead of dhep.dbestern.com).

Would it be possible for someone with access to the installer to update this and refresh the installer.msi?

Cheers
    Sean

Sorry, this should request that the Wrapper.conf, and java.policy files are updated in the downloadable installer to point to dhep.dbestern.com, and if possible, the wrapper.conf file changed to make logging the default option (as per thread on logging).

Cheers
    Sean

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately we don't have the requisite knowledge or software to modify a .msi file at the moment

Bok

Originally posted by Bok
    Unfortunately we don't have the requisite knowledge or software to modify a .msi file at the moment

Bok
    Hey Bok,

Who created the install file which is available on:
    http://dhep.dbestern.com/download.php

Surely, the best idea would just be to ask the person who created the current MSI file (or possibly Miguel / Michael Garvie - listed on the DHEP to-do list page)?

There are directions on how to set up DHEP if you have a SOCKS proxy. Is there a way for me to set this up to work with my HTTP proxy?

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by SeanAdams
    Hey Bok,

Who created the install file which is available on:
    http://dhep.dbestern.com/download.php

Surely, the best idea would just be to ask the person who created the current MSI file (or possibly Miguel / Michael Garvie - listed on the DHEP to-do list page)?

Miguel did it himself I believe, but using software at his old university which he no longer has access to..

Bok

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by DesertFolk
    There are directions on how to set up DHEP if you have a SOCKS proxy. Is there a way for me to set this up to work with my HTTP proxy?
    DF,

can't say I've seen it using an http proxy, but if it can use a SOCKS proxy I'm sure it can. Miguel will more than likely answer this though.

Bok

Does anyone know if this will run with an HTTP proxy? If it will, please post instructions.

Miguel - answer your email please!

Project dead?

So, then without the interest of the creator of this project, is it dead?

I believe that to be a correct statement.