Thread: Anyone tested DF on an Athlon 64 yet?

Anyone tested DF on an Athlon 64 yet?

Now that the Athlon 64 is officially released, anyone got -bench figures for it?

Maketrj 5.672, 3.359
    Foldtraj 32.375, 5.000

is it good ?

A64 3200 with MSI mobo
    Last edited by Hua Luo Han; 09-23-2003 at 06:57 AM.

Blog Entries
    Other details around would be interesting!
    - Memory?
    - Operating System?
    - Harddisk?
    the-mk

Originally posted by the-mk
    Other details around would be interesting!
    - Memory?
    - Operating System?
    - Harddisk?
    Kingston HyperX 3500 - 2x512MB
    WinXP sp 1
    80GB WD

Blog Entries
    looks cute!

So there are no special 64-bit-measures like a 64-bit-OS or client (but we know that there is no 64-bit-client...)?

And what says the -bench of your Athlon XP3000+ (I think you have one, because it's in your signature)?
    the-mk

Originally posted by the-mk
    So there are no special 64-bit-measures like a 64-bit-OS?
    There are a couple if you use Linux...

SuSE has a 64-bit distro. I think Mandrake does too, but I'm not positive.

I'm sure that Debian has one, though I haven't looked. They've got ports to just about every other architecture on the planet...

And LFS will compile on it just fine too, I'm sure.

Of course, Windows won't be 64-bit until the release of Server 2003 64-Bit Edition, which is supposed to be out either Q4 2003 or Q1 2004, I don't remember offhand which. Desktop Windows versions will be out after that sometime. Nah, nah, nah, nah-nah-nah!
    "If you fail to adjust your notion of fairness to the reality of the Universe, you will probably not be happy."

-- Originally posted by Paratima

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    If that is for the current Protein it is a pretty good score. Linux would be the go, as it would allow for the Client to be recompiled..if someone could be allowed to do it I do not think Debian has their 64 Bit for AMD ready. They are all in Beta. The alternative is to find someone with Win XP 64 Beta and see if it runs faster under WOW64 in 32 Bit Mode..very unlikely.
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

Originally posted by Grumpy
    If that is for the current Protein it is a pretty good score. ...
    The -bench is not affected by whatever protein is being run at the time. It is always the same.

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Are you sure Welnic, cause on the last Protein I was getting 32 always in the Bench and on this Protein I am getting 37 always

:bs:

The only thing to have changed is Service Pack 4 for Win 2 K Microsoft has done it to us again. I was getting 32 seconds for foldtraj with Service pack 3 and 37 seconds with service pack 4 .

Format C: time

Update: Reinstalled 2000, no difference. Can Howard advise if the Benchmark Protein is different from Update to Update, or is there only ever 1 Sample Protein no matter what

Had my amnesia pill, now I am sure the Benchmarks change every protein update, going off to cut Welnic's power cable to his farm
    Last edited by Grumpy; 09-25-2003 at 10:24 PM.
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

The benchmark does NOT change, ever. The only exception to this is if we change the main folding algorithm - for example, how quicky it times out on a structure - could the benchmark time change (but generally by very little).
    Howard Feldman

I just checked my farm, I'm glad it still has power.

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Wow, very sad. When Phase II started I was getting a bench result of 32 Seconds. Now, even after removing Win 2 K and reinstalling, it is on 37 seconds. I cannot work this out at all. Going off for a cry now