Thread: suggestions re MegaMilestones: the low end

suggestions re MegaMilestones: the low end

Hi there,

I would like to offer suggestions for the MegaMilestones: the lower end with the 2.5k and 5k.
    Two reasons for that:

- that would fill a gap in the nice near log scale (1, 2.5, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, etc);

- as I consider myself unqualified to evaluate the science of most Boinc projects, I ended up running most of them (with the exceptions of poor or inexistent check-pointing and incompatible rig); and I am curious about how may folks are thinking alike.

I suppose that, if implemented, this would shift the double 'MM' MegaMilestones a bit (or maybe not).

Kind Regards,
    F Thibaud

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    I'm certainly open to it if any others are interested too??

I'm guessing that a modern machine could probably generate 10k credit on pretty much any new project within a day, so I don't really see the need for anything betwwen 1k and 10k.

I'm not really sure that the 1k MM is worth having for most crunchers to be honest (I do actually have a load stuck at just over 1k, just for the sake of getting the MM!) - It's so close to the >0 credit needed for the 'number of projects' milestone.

Maybe get rid of the 750k one (even though that affects me), or introduce a 75k one? For me it's a huge gap between the 1M and the 2.5M, but there isn't really a sensible point in between to put a new MM.

Anyway, I don't really care, other than thet there a lot of MMs already, what with tribbles, wibbles, bonks and megabonks

Cheers,

Al.

Quote Originally Posted by ChertseyAl View Post
    For me it's a huge gap between the 1M and the 2.5M
    For me it's a huge gap between 50 and 100 M, can we get a 75M Milestone?