Thread: Suggestion for MegaMilestones panel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb Suggestion for MegaMilestones panel

I feels sure this has probably been suggested many times before, but I suppose just maybe it is too obvious - or too stupid - or horribly difficult - anyway, why is there not a column in the MegaMilestones for Country stats? RankC would fit in quite nicely, finish things off quite nicely too, and wouldn't take up much space. As far as I can see it probably wouldn't be harder to work out than RankT, (especially as you can be in different teams for different projects) and for many I would have thought it was more meaningful than Team stats.

Also this could be a source of another 2 Mega Milestones if you wanted to go there and make that 30MM badge a possibility for some. If I called them CMiRBs and TMiRBs they won't need explaining - you could even have TeraCMiRBs and TeraTMiRBs!
    Needless to say anything that gives people any incentive to Boinc more has to be a good thing.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    It's doable, would require some table changes as well as the code though. I'll think on it.

I can't ask for more than that. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    I haven't forgotten about this at all.

I added the table columns in and have updated the script which populates them all. I need to do some additional coding to populate the country accurately using the 'overall' country of a user as they may have multiple countries spread throughout their userids on different projects. Already have that table populated for the combined scores anyway.

Should have this in place next week.

Blog Entries
    or even today

Wow! that looks great, and fits in so nicely I found myself wondering if it had been there all along! Excellent bit of work - Thank you.
    Are you going to go ahead with the additional MegaMilestones too? They would give more people more things to go for which has to be good for BOINC!

Based on the progression of Free-DC's lower level Mega Milestones; 1K-2.5K, 10K-25K,1M-2,5M, 10M-25M, etc., shouldn't there be a 2.5 billion milestone? I hit one a few days ago, and expected to see one, but alas, nothing is showing up. Not a big deal, Free-DC does a great job, but thought you might not have noticed. Thanks, Rick