Thread: remote buffer support

Talking remote buffer support

i like to ask this question.... :-)

Ok, i saw a file called: foldtraj.ini ... and in this File there are some lines like:
    [LOCAL]
    writepath=.\
    [CONFORM]
    DATAPath=.\
    LOGPath=.\

Ok. my problem... i can't use the local harddiskdrive for the buffer. I use a pci card to protect the softwareinstallation. This card redirect all write access to a seperate Partition on the disk, and after reboot all changes on the drive are rejected.
    So if i can use "writepath" and "LoGPath" to write/read on the server, i can use the client on this pc-farm.

And the other question, if this option won't work... what are the files that are changed ... What file should be saved on the server...
    all
    USER_*.val
    all
    .\fold_*.log.bz2
    the filelist.txt

does i need to backup the foldtraj.ini to? does it change?
    And if it change, does i lose my changes in writepath and so?
    the progress.txt i don't need to save, this will be only there if the client run.

Re: remote buffer support

Originally posted by bluumi
    USER_*.val
    There are some work files that start with your handle but which have other endings. In Linux I use:

<handle>_*
    fold_*
    filelist.txt

I suppose in windoze one could use "*.* "instead of "*" to get the same result.

The error.log is also changed, but saving that would be optional.

If you allow it to autoupdate, then lots of stuff will be changed.

I cannot guarantee it will work properly if it is not permitted to write to the directory where it is installed but you can try changing writepath and see what happens.

If data is only wiped after reboot though, just don't reboot And even if you do, you'll still be doing useful work until you do so. If you don't reboot more than once a week it should be fine.
    Howard Feldman

If you've got a second computer networked (And this is assuming that both are windows) with that one that you can use w/o worrying about permissions then run it from that directory directly off the other computer. might be slightly slower (if it 10/100 it probably won't matter then cause it's not ALOT of huge writing it does that would be hampered by those speeds anyways)

Or if it's a Linux machine and you've got another Linux machine networked then use NFS mounts, I do