Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stats not updating on DF ?

Originally posted by Brian the Fist
    We intend to replace the hardware ASAP, hopefully today, but until that gets done Im afraid there's not much we can do about it. Machines fail - expecially when they are running and being pounded on 24/7.
    Spread the data over more than one machine, use a port director to distribute the load and run database replications.

Originally posted by HaloJones
    Stats are back and I stomped two people and didn't get to do any taunting

Oh well.

Hey! Stats are back!
    Let's hear it for HaloJones

Some days are better than others
    Proud member of the Dutch Power Cows

Angry Dyyrath's stats

I have lost the plot, is the ongoing problem with Dyyrath's stats being intermittently updated a result of some problem on his site, or is the data Dyyrath's getting from the main DF server the problem?

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Hmm don't know but Dyyrath would :P

oh and erm is it just me or are when ya look at the stats pages over at distriubtedfolding.org when I clicked on "free-dc" in the top ten, I erm got "Team Ars Stir Fry"
    ## kicks the cgi and php up the ars ## apart from that everything is peachy.. I would offer to do statage but erm my machine isn't online perma like cos I can do a little php and I don't have a ISP that allows php / cgi scripting
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Hmmm....that's a good question. I'll look into it & let you know.
    "So utterly at variance is destiny with all the little plans of men." - H.G. Wells

Looking at my stats system logs, it appears that two things are happening:
    • The site's stats are only being updated every two hours
    • I'm not always able to connect to the new blueprint.org URL

Unfortunately, I don't have any control over either of these things.

Perhaps Howard or Elena could shed some light on them? I'll be keeping an eye on the network connectivity part, but maybe they'll be able to say whether the 'every other hour' update is a new policy or a bug.
    "So utterly at variance is destiny with all the little plans of men." - H.G. Wells

Or is it every 4 hours...
    Too many computers, too little time......

Stats do seem to vary between 2 to 4 hours for updating. Any word yet?
    Folding 24/7 for a cause
    www.hardCOREware.net
    HCW DF Team!

Stats are updating every 2 hours for now until we can replace the stats server with a more powerful machine, we had to revert to an old box due to the constant crashing the previous server was experiencing. As for accessing anteater.blueprint.org, there should be no problems...
    Howard Feldman

No problem, I'll just adjust my spider to work in sync with the updates. Thanks, Brian.

B-b-but, that halves the number of times I can check on my stats! How am I supposed to cope with that!? I mean, of course, I don't need the stats... I can give up any time I want... but, like, only every two hours!? Is it cold in here?

of OCW's "Triple Nickle" Gortok's Avatar

I'm sure this is just temporary. Until a better machine for stats server is found and set up...

Originally posted by HaloJones
    B-b-but, that halves the number of times I can check on my stats! How am I supposed to cope with that!? I mean, of course, I don't need the stats... I can give up any time I want... but, like, only every two hours!? Is it cold in here?
    If you're like me, it doesn't halve the number of times that you check, it just halves the number of times that you check and see new numbers.

I just squinch my eyes down real tight and pretend that I haven't seen the numbers before. That way, they're all new and it's just like a regular update!
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

At least the updates seem to have stabilised at the 2 hour mark. At one stage it was varying from 2 up to 4, plus given the modest scoring that is going on with the new protein, you aren't going to see much change in an hour, maybe moreso for me than some of you

On the topic of the new protein, does anyone know if the target is going to be reduced? This one is so slow compared to the last.... :sleepy:
    Crunching for OCAU

Originally posted by Paratima
    I just squinch my eyes down real tight and pretend that I haven't seen the numbers before. That way, they're all new and it's just like a regular update!

Now I get the same scoring whether my systems are running or not....
    Too many computers, too little time......

Stats are updating every 2 hours for now until we can replace the stats server with a more powerful machine, we had to revert to an old box due to the constant crashing the previous server was experiencing. As for accessing anteater.blueprint.org, there should be no problems...
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but these 2 hours stats updates are killling me.

Any news on a faster/better stats server?

Unfortunately, our 'uber-machine' we had it on before became borked and we were forced to put it on a lowly, aging box. If anyone happens to have a spare dual-CPU 2+ GHz box lying around (no HD necessary), we'd be happy to employ it as the new stats server (of course, that would require you to loan it to us..)
    Howard Feldman

If it ran dFold who's handle would it use?

a spare dual-CPU 2+ GHz box lying around (no HD necessary)
    So what you're saying is you need a mainboard and 2 CPUs? RAM, too? or not?

I'd be surprised if some of the teams-sites-groups wouldn't be willing to throw something your way...

Well we don't know exactly whats wrong with the previous machine but my guess is mobo or RAM, the CPUs are probably good from my past experience. So technically a Dual Athlon Mobo and some RAM to go with it would be the absolute minimum to get it going again I think.

It is busy computing stats almost 24/7 so no free time to run the client in the background, but nice try
    Howard Feldman

I'm guessing these are Athlon MP's, right?
    How much RAM were you running before? (I'm sure you've tried swapping it out by now...)

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    We seem to have all lost 2 Hours worth of Points

Update..the Stats Server is skulling vodka right now and is blind as a pig in mud.

:bs:
    Last edited by Grumpy; 01-20-2004 at 05:09 AM.
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

I think everyone got those missing points back.

Dyyryath stats are not showing it, though.

Electric fence operator
    Dyyryath's stats are indeed one update behind the Blueprint site. I've sent him an e-mail to that effect, and I imagine the 1/19 20:00 update issue will be handled soon.
    "If angels have voices, then surely they must sound like Loreena McKennitt" - me 1/2/04, somewhere over Illinois

Member of Free-DC

Originally posted by Gortok
    I'm guessing these are Athlon MP's, right?
    How much RAM were you running before? (I'm sure you've tried swapping it out by now...)
    Yes, definitely MPs. I think it had 1Gig of RAM though 512 would be sufficient. As for swapping out the RAM, we don't have any spares to play around with at the moment...
    Howard Feldman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12