Thread: [Feature Request] PrimeGrid Subproject Leaderboards

Somewhere in the vast depths of Adelaide, South Australia.

[Feature Request] PrimeGrid Subproject Leaderboards

Hey there! I've noticed that Free-DC has stats for individual user rankings in sub-projects (linked is the Extended Sierpinski Project). I was just wondering if it would be feasible to implement similar statistics for teams - or if they already exist, where I could find them. At the moment I've been getting this data with a complicated Excel spreadsheet, but that requires a lot of manual data entry (I have to Ctrl+Drag across the user ranking table for each set of 100 users, then paste it in - as there's currently 1,683 users on ESP, that's 17 times I have to do it - and other subproject have tens of thousands of users). I was looking into automating it myself, but I figured I might as well make the feature request so others can benefit from it as well.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    It's possible, but not guaranteed to be accurate which is why I've never actually implemented.

Let me explain. Primegrid produces some xml (user_work) which contains the data for the subprojects for users. They do NOT produce similar for teams.

Now I can fairly easily sum the data from the users according to which team they are currently in. But let's say a user has 1,000,000 credits in the Extended Sierpinski Project when not in a team, then joins a team and adds +100 credits. I have no way of knowing retrospectively how much of that credit was produced whilst on a team (NOTE this is not quite true as I do keep track of movement, but involving that would be WAY too difficult).

This has actually been a problem with various non BOINC stats for a long long time. Folding@Home suffers from it IIRC as do most of the other ones. BOINC projects internally keep track of credits for teams as they are produced and publish them for the 3rd party sites.

Now, given all that, I am open to still doing this with the caveats in place.

I feel that having the statistics there with a disclaimer about team movements not being accurately reflected is better than not having the statistics at all.

Blog Entries
    The more I looked at this the more messier it was to implement, so I've asked over at Primegrid and they are going to provide an export for me, which is even better

Blog Entries
    So, this is mostly working now. On an individual team page within Primegrid you will see the totals and then it will link to a team work page like this

Badges aren't working yet and I need to figure out how I'm going to create links to each page on the main menu.

Looks awesome! As far as I can tell the totals are fairly accurate - the Last Update and Yesterday values seem broken but given that this was just implemented I presume that it's got to actually cycle through a full 24 hours first.