Thread: Question for pfb on stats....

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries

Question for pfb on stats....

Hey pfb,

I was looking at your stats to check the top energies (I have 3 of the top10! )

Noticed two problems.

1. You only display one of my energies in the top 10... I understand the problem as I would have the same. We don't get that data from the tarball and we only build it from the lowest energy from each user in the current DB. I just wondered if perhaps we could persuade the DF admins to include a top 1000 energies txt file or something similar in the tarball ? What do you think?

2. In my stats here I am ranked 71, whereas in yours I am 69. You don't seem to include people who are not on teams ? philthedrill at 30 and bdcmd at pos 63 are the ones missing. Is this deliberate or just because you are not parsing team0.txt for some other reason?

Great stats and layout!!

Bok

Boinc'ing away

Re: Question for pfb on stats....

Originally posted by Bok
    Hey pfb,

I was looking at your stats to check the top energies (I have 3 of the top10! )

Noticed two problems.

1. You only display one of my energies in the top 10... I understand the problem as I would have the same. We don't get that data from the tarball and we only build it from the lowest energy from each user in the current DB. I just wondered if perhaps we could persuade the DF admins to include a top 1000 energies txt file or something similar in the tarball ? What do you think?

2. In my stats here I am ranked 71, whereas in yours I am 69. You don't seem to include people who are not on teams ? philthedrill at 30 and bdcmd at pos 63 are the ones missing. Is this deliberate or just because you are not parsing team0.txt for some other reason?

Great stats and layout!!

Bok
    1) A top X energies file would be nice but not sure when that would be done by the DF team...can't hurt to ask though

2) Yep - I don't parse Team 0 at all at the moment due to the UID=0 issue...I have a plan to parse Team 0 (including UID=0) and use it but just need to get round to implement that process...that's why the stats are still Beta

Boinc'ing away
    for point 2), the rank should match the rank you see on the DF login page...afaik, you don't parse UID = 0 users so your rank on your stats will be out slightly (looking at the link you provided, rank 14 is DDTUNG but is None / Blueprint Atomos Cluster on mine - DDTUNG is 15th; you are 68th on mine but 67th on yours - not sure what your DF Login page rank is but I'd guess it's 68)...

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Sounds right,

I do actually parse uid=0, but do nothing special so as they get found they will overwrite each other meaning only the last one will be in the DB.

Many other things to do before I fix that

Good to know we have it covered by your stats though!

Bok

Boinc'ing away
    Originally posted by Bok
    Sounds right,

I do actually parse uid=0, but do nothing special so as they get found they will overwrite each other meaning only the last one will be in the DB.

Many other things to do before I fix that

Good to know we have it covered by your stats though!

Bok
    I know the feeling - it's taken me this long to get back round to adding all the teamless users (I didn't want to add the UID <> 0 then go back and try and code for the UID = 0)...

too many DF things and not enough time...might finally sort the stats out then go back to dfMon and then realise there are bits I want to add to the stats and so on...

it's all fun (and learning) in the end