Thread: A hypothetical MegaMileston issue

A hypothetical MegaMileston issue

So last week I stumble on a fairly undocumented Mega-Milestone's possible existence, noting with some considerable frustration that I just recently missed getting one, and for mere mortal like me it's not an easy one to get. So I think to myself, OK I can get one with another project which just happens to be hovering around the 10M mark and I go for it. Great, I close in on the 10M mark and hit the brakes and come to a stop with great satisfaction, and check out the MM table the next day only to find the undocumented MM isn't there!!! So I then check the table (by looking at a documented MM and cunningly swapping in the suspected name on the url - I put this in as a hint to other noobs like me who might miss out on some MMs if they don't twig this) and find it requires 2 of them to get onto the table!

So, in order to be aware of this MM you have to either
    1) be in the know about the MM, and as it, and another that springs to mind aren't documented - people aren't!
    OR
    2) ACCIDENTALLY hit the 10M mark on the nose TWICE
    OR
    3) infer its existence by extrapolating other similar MM's and guess it might exist and then go for it TWICE to find out!

Believe it or not this 3rd option is where I am, and is probably the most likely for most people.

It would obviously help some people if they knew the name of these MMs and some of you (if you have actually read this far) might be wandering why I am not mentioning them by name! Well I can only assume that it is a big secret, so I don't want to be the one to spill the beans in case I get into trouble. ;-) There might be a very good reason for it's name not appearing anywhere. Even if you search the forum for it by name you find almost nothing about it, so why would you? You'd be looking for a MM that you might suspect exists, you have no idea what it's called, it's currently not listed in the list of MM's on the left of the CPID page, and as it turns out you would have to get two of them to confirm it's existence! I mean why would you right?
    Hint: should you ever find out the name of one a search of the forum would lead you to the other.

So to my first point (at last), I have one of these MM's. (I would have had two if I'd known about this a week or two back ) It doesn't show on the MM table because I only have 1. Personally I think that as they are pretty much undocumented, that when you get one you should see it in the MM table just like a Maxwell. To say "Hey! You did something Good/Right" This of course would apply to it's bigger brother too which I am not going to bother with here largely due to the fact I can't see myself ever getting one.

My second point is that as so few people know about and have this MM (and it's big brother) that by getting one I currently SHOULD get both a MiRB and a TeraMiRB for it - but I don't! even though I fulfil the criteria.

Any thoughts on any of this?

OK I am going to chill, I'll dig out my old Les Paul Recording and have a play ...

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    better??

Oooh! So much better LOL.
    Thanks yet again as ever Bok.