Thread: Don't forget about DF

Lightbulb Don't forget about DF

Well well well, what happens when a slow protein hits the streets.

Things go slow and all the other DC projects get a boost when people look around for their stats fix.

Junkies we all are, are we not.

Well lets see how things have been going down on the Pharm.

PCZ is pushing out major WUs for Lifemapper and this has slowed his DF production, Condor is doing much the same.

IB has always been a man of many DC projects.

FoBoT was hitting some big scores (well big for this protein anyway)

Birthday boy Dyyryath is producing well and Beth133 is back while school is out churning out a huge effort as usual.

Angus's production is down so I imagine he is on another DC project.

Devzero is coming under pressure form that sneaky Paratima.

rsbriggs is doing Lifemapper

Hydra West must be on something else also as production is down on what it could be.

ulv is churning out the DFs with Ghost not far behind.

Fozzie is gaining on them both.

Kosh is under pressure from Docwardo and both of them are next in line for psychotic suppers for Anarchy99.

DP is on Lifemapper

Not sure where rshepard

schluppy is sititng well in 21st

NiNeball9 is gaining fast with Moogie just behind.

Mashrinx is monstering up on Moogie and looking set for top 20.

Chinasaur is on D2OL

QIbHom is closing in on Chinasaur's position and heading for 20 million.

the-mk is on another DC project, and will be coming under threat from tak22 soon.

Supp is safe in 29th.

Richard Clyne has decided to take a holiday from DC so we all wish him well and hope to see him in the not too distant future.

Beyond is on another DC project.

Zaphod is closing in on the top 30.

Ponky is coming under pressure from bwkaz.

Corwin seems to pop in a few DFs every so often.

xj10bt has stopped producing for the time being.

sunk is monstering up on the people above him.

Billy ray hit the top 40 last week and continues to crunch on, with starkebn and CSMan not too far behind.

Thor has widened the gap between him and uncle Fluffy whose meteoric rise seems to have faltered.

Excaliber, JayGee Matt D and JTrinkle are all locked in a scrap for a top 50 place.

daking is heading for 1.5 million

BlueNeuron should hit 1 million this week.

JustinFields is crunching up the chart with Norman108 close on his heels.

Just behind is Jake and None with a big welcome back for The Shaman who is gaining on them both.

100,000 down the road we have None with Gopher 75k back.

Rounding off our active crunchers we have welcome back for Yavatar and welcome to Petey, who is also doing Lifemapper.

So when we have a slow protein all the other DC projects benefit.

At the end of the day it's all to the good for the worthwhile projects out there. Makes it a little quiet here though

Keep it up everyone and crunch on, only another 9.5 weeks of this protein.

:shocked:

Just in case you hadn't noticed we are still stomping on Ars Technica.
    Alas poor Borg, I knew it Horatio

http://www.butlersurvey.com/

We haven't forgotten about it Fozzie.

ARS are not a threat to us at the moment so no need to rush back just yet.

I am enjoying myself doing some of the other projects and will continue to do so until we get a faster protein in DF.

Or until Fobot tries to sneak past me

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by PCZ
    Or until Fobot tries to sneak past me

PSST!!! FOBOT...get a move on...while he isn't looking.

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

that is always my strategy, i am a tortoise
    Use the right tool for the right job!

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by FoBoT
    that is always my strategy, i am a tortoise
    Attached Images Attached Images

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

One of the things I learn crunching Seti WU's..

If you have only one machine, stay with with one project, ignore the competition and crunch away. Like the Tortise and Hare, slow and steady wins the race..

And if that doesn't work, borg as many machines as you can...

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by JayGee
    One of the things I learn crunching Seti WU's..

If you have only one machine, stay with with one project, ignore the competition and crunch away. Like the Tortise and Hare, slow and steady wins the race..

And if that doesn't work, borg as many machines as you can...
    I'm more the tortoise and the hare. I stick with one project and move ahead..steady as you please.

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

has been eaten by a grue.
    Thanks, Fozzie.

You are right, JayGee. I've only got a few machines going, and to swap projects, or to run more than one would be more hassle than I'm willing to put up with. This way, when one of my machines barfs (as my main box did, due to my partner accidently unplugging it), at least I don't go to zero.

Guess I'm just a one project person. I don't get the concern with trying to move up in the overall totals (especially since I don't understand how they are figured) for DC. Of course, I appreciate other folks stepping out to other projects for a few, because that gives me a shot at temporarily moving up. I'm sure Chinasaur will be making motorcycle road kill out of me when he comes back <g>.

Blog Entries
    Yep..sometimes it's just a matter of knowing what you have and knowing the limits. I don't jump around because it's not worth it...it doesn't do anything for me. So, I stick where i am, and ride everthing out. In the end, it doesn't matter..i'm part of a team, working for (not only the stats) the science..and I'm having fun.

I'll never catch up to the big crunchers..and I've settled with that. I like the fun. I do what I can.

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Aw, Moogie! The only chance I had of catching you was if you stepped out to do something else for a bit <g>.

But, yeah, there is no shame in being a small cruncher. I lust after all those comps in our training centre, and wish I could borg them, but it just isn't possible. And, if I did manage to get permission, I'd just want more, and would start bugging our libraries to let me borg their circ, staff and OPAC computers. That way lies madness. I'd make myself really unpopular, plus I'd be spending my day off running around fixing everyone's comps.

I might be able to put it on the test server, though...

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by QIbHom
    Aw, Moogie! The only chance I had of catching you was if you stepped out to do something else for a bit <g>.

But, yeah, there is no shame in being a small cruncher. I lust after all those comps in our training centre, and wish I could borg them, but it just isn't possible. And, if I did manage to get permission, I'd just want more, and would start bugging our libraries to let me borg their circ, staff and OPAC computers. That way lies madness. I'd make myself really unpopular, plus I'd be spending my day off running around fixing everyone's comps.

I might be able to put it on the test server, though...
    Give it a couple of weeks. I'll be off-line for a few weeks at the least, maybe more. But when I come back...watch out...I'll be gunning for ya!

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Oh, good, Moogie. I'm a masochist cruncher, after all. I'm not happy unless someone is about to run me over <g>.

Doubt I could catch you in a couple weeks on this protein, though. I can't wait, though, to see the results of this run verses the old algorhytm. I just hope Howard (or someone) can explain it to math idiots like me (I'm dysgraphic, which leads to a certain unreality when I deal with numbers).

Blog Entries
    LOL! I like that term. I don't know how long I'll be off line. Hopefully, if things go well..not long. Looks like we have a battle in the near future.

Cool. Take care Q. Don't enjoy being ahead for too long

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Fozzie, Im doing my best gonna have both my machines Crunching away at this Protein soon , once I've cleared a hurdle in S@H that is... pity the stats don't update as quick in DF as they do in S@H :>
    Hmm come on Im sure a few of the other members could see the way to maybe that spare PII-350 or what ever to run the CLI of DF or S@H for that matter maybe we need a challange, a gauntlet hmmm
    Fozzie=Team.Create('Team Fozzie');
    Fozzie ->Captain('Fozzie');
    Fozzie ->Member.Add('Gopher');

A99=Team.Create('Team A99');
    A99 ->Captain('A99');
    A99 ->Member.Add('A99.altar ego');

well ya think we can pull it off
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Thanks for the welcome back Fozzie! (BTW, what's w/ A99's love affair w/ your stuffing?) Anyhow, I felt the overwhelming urge to crunch again even though I'm still stuck on dial-up(blech), and have only my main box(XP1800@1615) to put to work. Hopefully things will get better in the coming new year and I can once again get cable and add a few more boxen to the cause. Until then, 'Ole Betsy' & I will contribute what we can.(Well, at least until Doom comes out anyhow. )

BTW, I've just moved into a rather comfortable....... um. position and think I'll stay right here for a bit.

Gopher - Don't think I haven't noticed you making tracks in my direction.
    Gibs. They're not just for breakfast anymore.

Dang Shaman I was hoping no-one would notice lil me slowly stomping away
    Team Fozzie :> Gauntleting ... hmm so what ya think Fozzie think anyone would be mad enough to Join us as a "Team" to crunch against "A99 Select"

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by The Shaman
    Thanks for the welcome back Fozzie! (BTW, what's w/ A99's love affair w/ your stuffing?) Anyhow, I felt the overwhelming urge to crunch again even though I'm still stuck on dial-up(blech), and have only my main box(XP1800@1615) to put to work. Hopefully things will get better in the coming new year and I can once again get cable and add a few more boxen to the cause. Until then, 'Ole Betsy' & I will contribute what we can.(Well, at least until Doom comes out anyhow. )

BTW, I've just moved into a rather comfortable....... um. position and think I'll stay right here for a bit.

Gopher - Don't think I haven't noticed you making tracks in my direction.
    Welcome Shaman! Glad to have you on board. Look forward to seeing you around the forums.

No comment about the position.

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Yo,

I watch the front page so if those Pesky Arsians begin to make a fuss, just send out the call and I'll bring my measly 6.1GHz back to DF.

Proj On Peeps.

Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

Chinasaur bring it teach those ars*s a lesson, I think we need to streatch our lead just to make sure :P

Minister of Misinformation magicfan241's Avatar
    ARS is currently going nuts over TPR-LL as well as SETI. I did not dump some front page stuff to Zamboni that I have thoiught of, but I bowed out to let them do something if they want.

DF has taken a back seat to a number of other internal problems at ARS.

Build as much of a lead as you can now, cause when they are over, I would expect them to DF with a vengence.

magicfan241
    your friendly multi-team supporting