Thread: No longer running this Project

No longer running this Project

What makes no sense is that some Islands appear much more powerful than others.
    The Islands that have been running through the beta stages have built up enormous
    power.
    I watched my Islands power slowly improve but I realised after a few days that they would never match the Power of the Older Islands.

This heavy bias towards the older Islands is unacceptable.

Hi PCZ,

Sorry to see you go.

There's been talk about coming up with a new statistic that is based not upon the number of circuits analyzed but upon CPU computing effort such as the number of flops it takes to analyze a circuit for a given project. Also, the idea of keeping track of the above for each project has been tossed about as well.

What kind of stat would you like to see exactly or what kind of timing (like starting over for each new circuit project that is analyzed) would you like to have implemented? Like any project, the longer you crunch the higher your stats, otherwise it's just a contest to see who has the most GHz on a project. There's got to be some kind of compensation/reward for duration (i.e. the "loyalty" measure) as well. This helps to give the crunchers with less GHz a chance to progress as well. I'm sure that Miguel would be willing to hear your ideas for a new/different stat (on the official project forum perhaps).

Granted, the beta circuits were very short (that's why none of my boxen show up on the most powerful list since I only experienced one beta circuit) so the number of circuits analyzed is high for those that participated earlier.

prok

There's a new stat that measures crunching effort expended now so it's much more unbiased!

One of my Islands is active again, PCZ-02
    I will monitor its progress for a few days before starting up the rest.