Thread: bguinto1's Computer is on Drugs

OCworkbench Stats Ho

bguinto1's Computer is on Drugs

I do not know what you feed your Boxen, but I want some for mine. Just when we at OCWorkbench thought our RMSD was pretty good, bguinto1 throws a wobbly with an 8.80 at only Gen # 120...After a long period of only a few fractions lower for each position change, this is a massive jump below the 9.0 mark.

I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

When you consider bguinto1's production (or at least when I consider it), the Infinite Monkey Theorem springs to mind...

Congratulations though!
    "If you fail to adjust your notion of fairness to the reality of the Universe, you will probably not be happy."

-- Originally posted by Paratima

"I heard someone tried the monkeys-on-typewriters bit trying for the plays of W. Shakespeare, but all they got was the collected works of Francis Bacon."
    - Bill Hirst
    Team Anandtech DF!

Reading around... comes a question in my mind...

Do the RMSD calculation depend on your machine features?

Nope. Actually, the clients don't even calculate RMSD anymore -- that's done by the server now, if it's done at all.

The way it's calculated is, the algorithm looks at how far away each amino acid in the candidate structure is from the amino acid location in the real structure. All those distances get squared, then the squares get averaged. The square root of this average is the RMSD (root-mean-square-deviation ) value.

If two different computers take the same candidate structure and calculate its RMSD, they will get the same result.
    "If you fail to adjust your notion of fairness to the reality of the Universe, you will probably not be happy."

-- Originally posted by Paratima